Chapter 25 : The hotel mess

Amanda's POV

By applying a pink lip gloss over the same colored matte lipstick I finished my look. Matte was in fashion undoubtedly but I liked it moist. I side braided my hairs leaving the baby hair out and wore a white knee-length one piece that had a huge belt connected to the waist. 

I wanted to attend the gathering simply wearing a tank top and pajamas but Gina would've frowned. She always taunted me for not getting ready like every bimbo did. I gathered my credit card, some money, and my lip gloss and settled them in my clutch before leaving. I  prior-informed mom so I left without giving notice.

I reached  Renaissance restaurant 30 minutes late from the time we decided upon. I'd already plan an excuse so I walked in stiffly looking around at the classy public, their scent and fashion sense denoted their richness. The restaurant looked expensive, very expensive. 

I just hoped that whatever amount of money I carried would suffice my share when payment of the bill .  I decided to call Gina so I typed her number as I remembered everyone's number who was close to me, I hit the call button and canceled it at once when I saw Gina and Francis already seated. 

"Not very late I guess ", I did start the flame myself.

"Yeah, just 35 minutes. Not very much, we've been simply waiting for our crowned queen to arrive. For once can you surprise us with time ?', Gina frowned. Uh-oh, I did make her mad, very mad.

"Haven't you heard about the term fashionably late ?" , I winked at Francis who sure was enjoying it, he expected me late so he wasn't really mad at me.

"Yeah, fashion implies wearing only lip glosses and choosing braids simply over hair straighteners and blow dryers. You're absolutely right Amanda ", she pouted looking at my sick fashion but I looked fine I guess, braids are fun.

"Now you're hitting at the soft spot. This is the best I could do in such a short time. Don't I look beautiful Francis ?", I interrogated looking at him.

"Beautiful enough to get kissed ", he winked. He always had to take things dirty but he lightened the atmosphere whenever tension rolled around. We all laughed in sync hitting Francis on his arms one after the other. 

"So what do we order ?", Francis looked over the tablet which was placed on the table, it was one of the classical restaurants which had an electronic ordering system. He looked carefully over each type of food the restaurant possessed. 

"I want Italian pasta dipped with cheese sauce ", I took possession of the tab 

"I guess I need Chicken lollipops with extra cheese ", Gina took over.

Francis pulled the tab from Gina's hand and ordered his delicacy by himself. He marked over the items and placed the order. Our orders differ but the cheese was in common. "Hi people, so excited to find you'll hear ", We heard a familiar voice, so we turned around to have a look. It was Samuel, Gina's guy.

He waved at us all grinning with his yellow teeth. How much effect it had on his good looks, I tried looking away from his teeth as it demanded attention. I looked at Francis who had the same expression as me. We silently laughed being aware of Gina's emotions towards this guy.

"How does he know, we're here. Stalker ", I took my seat closer to Francis so that Gina could be close to his guy. I made sure I whispered in Francis's ears. Gina did figure something from our expression, she knew we wanted it private among us three only.

Francis came close to me, his lips touching my ears "She doesn't hide anything from him. She's in love, we can't blame her. Let's just adjust ", he murmured in a soft voice and later cleared his throat.