Chapter 35 : race till terrace

Aaron Reynolds's Pov

I sauntered around the party greeting all my business associates one by one. I usually hated to do such formalities but I had to .

I noted one thing through out this party . Miss Waters wasn't around , she usually kept showing herself up after every couple of minutes but today she wasn't visible . It felt odd . I didn't see her from the moment we distanced from each other . I threw the mask to the nearest bin after separating myself from her.

Is she in trouble ? Not again. I decided to inquire about her so I paved my way towards Cody . "Hey , did you see Miss Waters around ?", I questioned breaking his intimacy with his partner. I don't remember his name so its better I term him as his partner.

"Someone's missing someone ", Cody chuckled.

Seriously ? Can't he think about anything apart from this topic.  "Yeah , have you seen her around ? ", I tried resorting back to the question I previously  asked.

"Not after you left "

"Thanks ", I smiled sarcastically as he proved out to be no help to me . I needed to find her , to safeguard her . She could be in trouble , James was trouble. What if something bad happened to her ? What if I am not on time before something devastating happens ?

I stroke away the negative thoughts which were taking birth in my mind. I decided to have a word regarding it with Mr Caleb . He wasn't in the party so I gave him a call and informed him to meet me in the hotel's technical room so that we could have a surveillance through the cctv camera's footage  .

I took a seat while waiting for him . Yeah , I was given access to the confidential footage . I had 40% of the shareholdings of this hotel plus my name always did half the work . "Hey , took you too long ", I sighed on arrival of Mr Caleb .

He nodded greeting me and entered the code as the hotel used encryption . "hey look ", he pointed towards a figure who was talking with Miss Waters whilst she was eating.

"Oh No. Fuck no . Fuck him ", I analyzed his outfit and realized that it matched mine . His outward appearance matched my look too . Someone disguised himself as me to take advantage over her. No, the question of someone doesn't arises . It was James , definitely James.

"The pieces match , extend the tape to the place he's taking her ", I peeped in closer to have a magnified view. The footage was unclear as there was an enormous crowd in the party .

"Move , move , move , he's at the terrace ", I clenched my fists and took long steps towards the terrace . I didn't care if Mr Caleb followed me or not , I had to save her . She had a virus named James involved in her life because of me , I had to clean the system before any mishap actually happened.

I took longer steps then usual but didn't run , there were a lot of people present in the party . I didn't really intend to create a Chaos . After reaching the hallway , I multiplied my speed of walking into running . I saw the bodyguards waiting outside the locked door .

"What are you idiots paid for ?", I questioned breathing fast .

"Sir , if you're here then who is he ?", one of them spoke , agitation could be felt in his voice.

"Break the door ", I ignored his question and signaled him to break the door . I held my breadth , I was scared . Not of James but for Miss Waters . She was trouble since the say she walked in , she affected me though . She has been affecting me since the day we met . I regret doing that in past , the guilt doesn't allows me to shake a friendly hand with her.

No , we weren't friends . Maybe we were more or less . I created trouble for her every time to make her strong , I wanted to abolish her feelings towards me . Every time she looked at me with those enchanting eyes , I felt guilty and miserable . I  avoided her and also roasted her all the time because it was the best for both of us . I knew she cared for me and to be honest I did too.