Chapter 41 : No way out.

Amanda's Pov

I furrowed my brows , neatly placed the folk on the table and wiped off my hands with the napkin as I prepared myself to question him in order to sort out the confusion which battled in my brain ,"Why is your blood not boiling with anger , I literally locked you in my room's bathroom "

He took a bite of his sandwich , eyed me without breaking any contacts even for once . I turned my attention away for a while and then settled it towards his direction .I raised my brows as an attempt to expect an answer but to my surprise he was silent, very silent.

"What ?", he chuckled.

"Answer me ", fine , I was growing impatient .

"The question is ?", he acted all holy . I wanted to stab him innumerable time. It was weird because he didn't shout or insult me even for once . He was acting all cool adding fumes to my anger . 

I fake smiled outstretching my lips a bit more than normal ,"Why are you not mad at me , I locked you in the bathroom , I scored a point against you . Where is the ass-hole in you ? Did it die ? Or I should wait for uglier consequences ?"

He chuckled gulping his bites with a sip of orange juice ,"Why would I be mad at you ? you turned me on , I got a chance to, you know, kiss you . I partly made love to you there , I don't regret anything , not even the consequences which you served me "

"Oh , and now you're talking dirty "

"You just initiated it , I'm just appreciating your actions with my words ", I turned my head away , I felt embarrassed , very embarrassed . He was stretching the topic on purpose, to bring out the shyness within me. 

"I should be rejoining office ", I glanced straight in his dark blue eyes . His expressions didn't look much satiating to my last sentence . He didn't answer me , considering my question irrelevant . "I can't just stay here doing nothing , take me with you . I'll die out of boredom here , please "

He kept a finger on my lips shutting me down ,"Don't you ever talk about  dying again . No one's gonna die , if death's gonna come than it has to encounter me before you ", I gasped , my heart raced at his unanticipated reaction . It was suppose to be a joke, why did he take it to another level? why did he acted like my life was very important to him.

"Okay ! ", I breathed in, I didn't  have anything else to say so....

"Mr Reynolds ", I paused "I mean Aaron ", I interrupted the silence .

"I like it when you call me by my first name, it sounds sexy ", he broke my words whilst continuing his sentence .

I pouted annoyingly ,"I'm calling you by your firs--"

"Yeah , because you don't respect me anymore . I've heard that story a while ago ", he cut my sentence and preceded his.

Poking him on his chest with my pointer finger , I warned him to shut the fuck up . Before, he didn't speak at all and now there was no off switch or maybe we seemed to take each other's place, let me minus my clumsy part first though .

After waiting for the atmosphere to calm down , I broke the silence ,"If I'm staying here , I'm paying you for the expenses which are being incurred for my good . I-uh can't just stay with you without paying a penny , what will people consider me ? A gold digger ? your mistress? "

He didn't seem pretty much convinced with my offer ,"Maybe you should leave the thinking part on me ", he looked at me with a poker face . I folded my hands firmly , making up my mind to not settle on anything rather than what I proposed for . Considering the fact that , whoever eats /drinks without paying for it , is supposedly a gold digger .