Chapter 11 : Picture cross

AMANDA'S POV

I was the only person on the seventh floor as it was already 10 pm. Mr. Reynolds has already wasted a lot of my time by compelling me to arrange and rearrange the files in his cabin so I decided to go home after completing all the required pending work. James was not present in the office so it was easier for me to stay as his presence annoyed me to an extreme extent.

I placed all the mess correctly in their respected positions before leaving my cabin and also made sure to lock the entrance door. I walked through the hallway bypassing James's cabin and then I thought about doing some digging to get the relevant information; to assure myself that what is right and what is not, so I walked in without thinking anything more.

"This is wrong ", said the positive side in me.

"What he did wasn't right either ", said the negative side within me. Tonight, the negative side was dominant as compared to the positive one.

I first took a brief look over the files on his table, they were scattered everywhere so I just went through them without correcting the mess. They were all the professional ones so I could not enjoy any fruits out of them i.e they did not include any necessary information for my usage.

I then opened the drawers which were beneath his desk. It was shabby and messy too. I tried segregating the items with my hands so that I could view each one of them properly. I came through some mint chocolates, his pair of spectacles, and even 4 -5 packet of condoms. I wasn't shocked about him being a sex-hungry animal.

Nothing could be found in the first desk too so I proceeded towards the second, there were bits of paper. I looked at them one after another and something popped up in the mind that shook me because a paper read the letter "S" just as in Samarrah's wallet, though it read James. It felt like the paper was crumbled before and then was straightened. I took a picture of the paper from my mobile phone's camera.

I then rushed towards the other drawers as quickly as possible because it was turning late already. The only thing which was left for suspicion was his laptop, I just prayed to God that it wasn't password protected. I seated myself on his chair and opened his laptop. "please,God. please ", I tried butter polishing God, we all do this at least once, don't we?

I tapped on the start button of his laptop with my fingers crossed. Then there came an option "LOG ON AS JAMES" OR "ANOTHER USER "

I clicked on the initial button at once and I got access to his laptop, I wanted to hop and dance out of excitement but I controlled my emotions. I opened the images folder, I found myself in one of the folders. The picture had me, Mr. Reynolds and him, it was taken when we were in Pallapora town. There was a big cross on Mr. Reynolds's face and my face had a circle on it.

The cross on Mr. Reynolds's face totally shocked the shit out of me. He claimed to be his best friend forever. But, maybe he was just jealous of the fact of me being with Mr. Reynolds all the time. Every coin has two sides, so I had to totally jot down the point of James being the fuck boy so my presence or absence wouldn't affect him by any chance or maybe he had some sort of personal grudges towards Mr. Reynolds but I did take a picture of it too in my phone

And then I realized that I was not here to fight the case for Mr. Reynolds, I was here for my sister. I tried adding her name to the search bar because there were too many crappy pictures of him on his laptop and from which 60% included porn stuff. Too many options popped up after adding Sam's name, I clicked on them one after the other. It contained many pictures of James and Sam, hugging each other, kissing each other on lips, on the neck, on the forehead. All pictures were extremely lovely but considering the fact that he was a moron, they were fake too.