Time to play catch up

After our older siblings graduated, our fathers set us up in a house with the brothers. It wasn't too bad except instead of having Drew to taunt, Liam now had Angelo. I swear he was going to get his ass kicked one of these days.

I guess I should catch everyone up to speed on what happened since the end of our freshman year to the beginning of our senior year. A lot has happened. Let's start with Junior. Hope and he had their baby, a girl, and she was cute as a button. Thank god she got Hope's beauty.

Then Matt and Scarlett got married after they graduated. It surprised all of us when they went to Vegas and eloped. They did it under intoxication since Matt needs that push. Drew and Elijah didn't help matters since they were the ones that got Matt drunk. Yeah, that move pissed Dad off. That was a fun spring break.

Speaking of Elijah, he didn't fare any better when Davina came up pregnant and not married. Yeah, that was a big oopsie on their part. Jordan was even more pissed than Dad. Elijah and Davina ended up in a shotgun wedding like Junior did with Hope. What is with these two and not wrapping their shit?

Elijah and Davina had a girl. Believe it or not, it thrilled Jordan. After the many boys in his family, he loved that he had a granddaughter. Yeah, it still boggles my mind.

Then there was Liz and Drew. At least they were more proper and had an actual wedding a few years later. Dad offered to drive the getaway car if Liz bowed out. She refused his offer. Dad ended up with Drew as a son-in-law. I think he's still praying that he falls off a cliff. I like having Drew as a brother and Scarlett as a sister. They keep the family on their toes.

Did I mention that Liz and Scarlett are both expecting this year? Yeah, it surprised us too. From what I can tell, both are giving my brothers a run for their money.

"RJ! Breakfast is ready," I heard Dad shout from the bottom of the stairs.

We head back next week to finish our senior year, but I got one more week at home with the folks until then.

I came out of my room and went downstairs to see Dad at the stove cooking up breakfast while Mom sat at the table, revising manuscripts, and drinking coffee. I grabbed a plate of food from him and took a seat next to mom.

Once Dad finished, he brought over two plates, each one for him and mom. Then he kissed her before taking a seat opposite us.

"What's on the agenda today?" Dad asked me.

"Got me. Liam asked me to help him with something, but knowing him will get him beaten," I said, taking a bite.

"Sounds about right," Dad said.

The door opened, and Liz waddled into the kitchen with Drew behind her.

"Don't touch me," Liz snapped at him.

"Fine, I won't," Drew grumbled.

"Hormones, a bit out of control?" I asked with a smirk as I sipped my coffee.

Liz gave me a look and mimicked me as she took a seat next to dad.

"Elizabeth, why are you so cranky?" Mom asked.

"Because I'm freaking big as a house," she exclaimed.

"Don't snap at your mother, Elizabeth. Snap at Drew," dad said.

"Hey!" Drew yelled.

"How much longer do I have to carry this demon spawn?" Liz asked with a groan.

"A few more months," Drew answered, bringing her a plate of food. "A few more long months," Drew mumbled.

"What was that?" Liz snapped.