Discussion - Masturbation

WOOH! GETTING A LITTLE HEATED JUST BY READING THE TITLE OF THIS CHAPTER!

😂😂😂 Haha! No, guys, I want this to be a serious discussion because...

1. We all should be somewhat mature by now, right??
2. This is a very IMPORTANT topic.
3. It's just right to be respectful, understanding, mature, and kind.

Okay, so... Masturbation!

I've been thinking a lot about this lately, and the more I think about it, the more frustrated I get. Like, just being honest, I used to masturbate quite often and occasionally I still fall into the temptation. Okay, cringe if you want, but honey you'll get there one day if you haven't already. The sexual temptation hits nearly everybody at some point. 110% guaranteed. We're human, guys.

You're welcome for that reality check.

Recently I was asked by a wonderful friend of mine this question:

"Is masturbation a sin?"

Guys, I was ready to flip a table out of excitement I was SO ready to answer this question! It's right up my alley!! (Okay, I didn't mean that in a bad way. Sorry.) This is along the lines of how I answered:

Masturbation is a definite sin. We were made purely for Christ. Our bodies are HIS temple. (1 Corinthians 6:19) Using our bodies in such a way to fulfill our OWN worldly desires is wrong. This may be a very cliché and overused phrase to say, but what would Jesus do? Would you masturbate if Jesus was standing right next to you?

If you look at it from the perspective of a married person (I think the majority of us here aren't married yet), the Bible says that your body is not your own in the relationship. It is your spouse's. (1 Corinthians 7:4) I personally think if you pleasure yourself in such a way, it takes away from what your spouse does to/for you and it also just takes away from the unity and submission of your relationship. Believe it or not, God is the one who created these sexual things and actions, as well as our desires for them, as a way for a married couple to be united in more ways than just emotional and spiritual, so when you take the matter into your own hands and pleasure yourself (masturbate), that goes right against God's perfect and divine will.