Chapter 51- Riddle

Lily POV

"Wait, so you knew all along?" The morning later, we all sit on the couch in our pajamas with hot cups of coffee. I grin, burrowing closer to James. "Maybe." James looks flabbergasted. "And you didn't tell ME?" Sirius rolls his eyes. "You knew I was proposing, you just didn't know when." Bella waggles her eyebrows at James. "It's your turn, Mr. When are YOUUUUUU proposing?" James flushes a light pink. "Um." He stutters, running a hand through his hair.

I laugh lightly, flicking a hand at Bella. "Stop making him feel uncomfortable." James remains silent, tightening his arm around me. Sirius has an amused look on his face and cocks an eyebrow. "Yes, James, when ARE you going to propose?" I look at Bella. She's holding back a grin as she twists the ring on her finger. I look at James, who is stuttering and flushing a deep shade of red.

"I'm gonna get more coffee." I say quickly, pulling myself out of the couch. I jog lightly on the balls of my feet to the kitchen and pour myself some coffee. "So." I said, plopping myself in James's arms again. "How's Marlene's wedding going?" Bella rolls her eyes. "In the few VERY vague letters she's sent me, she said that her and Derek were considering elope because of how crazy her parents were being." I raise my eyebrows, taking a sip of coffee. "That's very un Marlene of her. Usually she would want a really big grand wedding." Bella nods. "Yeah, she's a bit disappointed but I think Derek had something really nice planned." Sirius pipes up. "He's graduating this year and moving to America to be with her, right?" I nod. James squeezes my hand. "Well, it's probably time to start packing..." I groan. "Can't we just stay here forever?"

**********

couple of days later, classes are back in session....

***********

"LILY!" James yells. His voice is tight with worry. I frown and pad down the stairs. "What's up?" I ask, flopping on the couch next to him. "Does Karkaoff still go here?" He asks, staring at the map. I think for a minute. "No, I think he graduated a couple of years back. Why?" He throws the map down on the table. I find Karkaoff's name on map, soon joined by some Slytherins.

All of them are notoriously known for being Death Eaters.

I look up at James. He's pacing the common room, grabbing his wand. "I'm going to tell Dumbledore." I nod, pressing a kiss to his lips. "Please be safe." He nods. "You too." He disappears out of the portrait hole and leaves me pacing the floor like a nervous wreck. I bite my bottom lip with worry. I run outside and sprint down to the Gryffindor common room. Adrenaline rushes through my veins. I have no clue what the password is. "Lily! What a surprise to see you back over here." I nod, trying to catch my breath. "You've gotta let me in." She frowns. "Do you have the password?" I shake my head. She smiles sadly. "Then I can't let you in, honey. You know the rules." I lose my temper.

"Look, Lady, there are at least a dozen death eaters that have made it into the castle. You've gotta let me in to warn my friends, or we're ALL gonna die." She still looks wary. "I cannot, Lily." I close my eyes for a moment. "I'll ruin your molding." I warn. She gasps. "Go in, you bloodthirsty women. How dare you threaten me." The door swings open and I run inside. The common room is empty. My blood goes cold. I scream loudly at the top of my lungs, and throw a vase on the ground. It shatters and makes a horrible noise. I hear the entire Gryffindor house come thundering down the stairs. Sirius makes his way towards the front, rubbing his eyes. "Bloody hell, Lily, why in the name of Merlin..." I look at all the Gryffindors. "Everyone who is in 4th year and younger, go up to your dorms. I want the older girls helping the younger, and everyone casting every protection spell they know around the rooms. Go." I say tightly. They all quietly go upstairs, the 4th years herding everyone to their rooms. "Lily, what's going on?" Alice asks, pushing her way to the front. I sigh.