Chapter 26- Stories & Flowers

Lily POV

The door slams behind Bella and Sirius. I flop back down on the couch. I glance up nervously at James, who's pacing nervously in front of the fire and muttering to himself. I push myself up into a sitting position so I'm propped up on my elbows. "What's up?" I ask him. He sits down next to me. "I'm just not entirely sure that I trust her yet." My eyebrows furrow together. James has always been good about putting his faith in the right people, so I trust his judgement. "It was just so weird that she knew all about us without even talking to me. It all just seems fishy... especially because she's in slytherin, and her parents are Death Eaters.." "James." I say, placing my hands on his shoulders. "Just because some one has a bad family doesn't define them. You of all people, should know that. James Potter and Sirius Black, signature Hogwarts prankster duo, un separable. And Sirius's parents are some of the biggest Death Eater followers today. Just have a little faith. I think she's a good girl, and you know I need someone to fill in Marlene. Mary and Alice are the best, but I really need a best girl friend." He sighs and throws his arm around my shoulders. "I'm sorry Lily, I shouldn't have said anything." 

"Come on, let's go sit outside and enjoy the rest of this fall weather." We run outside to sit under our tree, to see Sirius sitting at the base of the tree, dozing off, and Bella up in the branches, reading 'Hogwarts, A History'. "Hey Bella!" I called quietly. She glanced down, placed her bookmark in her book, and jumped down to his ground with grace. Which is surprising because the branch was pretty high up. "Did I disturb you?" I whispered. She shook her head, and turned to James with a sad look on her face. "You don't trust me, do you James?" She said quietly, turning away to face the lake. I could've sworn there were tears glistening in her eyes. James exploded. "I have every right not to trust you, Bellatrix! You spoke like you knew me, when I haven't met you before in my life. It seems you know everything about me and Lily, and I don't want to see her getting hurt. Your parents are Death Eaters, and you're in Slytherin! How do we know for sure that you aren't the same?'' I stayed silent. He did raise a valid point, but I wasn't going to say that. She turned back around, and a single tear fell down her cheek, with many threatening to fall. "You don't. You have every right and reason to not trust me. The only thing I can give you is my word. As for the intuition, my father wasn't a man of many words, but he expected me to know many things at a young age. That's when I first learned to read people." James still looked weary. "Show me how you knew what you told me, at dinner yesterday." She leaned forward and nodded. "When I was first walking to meet McGonagall, I was waiting outside the gates. I saw your reunion through the windows. Very sweet, by the way. I was in Dumbledore's office most of the day, trying to straighten everything out. The way you look at Lily, James, is not a look you can give to just anyone, or learn, or get used to. It's a look you give when you're purely, innocently, in love with someone. I knew you had loved her for a while because of the smile playing on your lips that basically said you wanted her to be your princess. I knew your group of friends because they were the ones that looked the saddest when you were gone, and the ones that looked the happiest when you walked through those doors." She finished, glancing at Sirius. 

"You've got yourself a great group of friends, and an amazing generous girlfriend, that I can only hope to be a part of one day." I was speckless, and clearly James was as well. He glanced at Sirius, looked a me, Sirius gain, and his eyes met Bella's. He wordlessly held his hand out and she shook it and smiled. "By the way, nice scar." He said, motioning to a scar shaped like an infinity on the back of her left hand. "Right back at you." she said, smiling. Sirius woke up, looked around and saw us sitting at the base of tree together, muttered something about late nights, and fell back asleep- but his head fell on Bella's lap, bringing a bunch of flowers down on her lap from the tree. She looked surprised, then shrugged and cleared the flowers off her lap. I blinked. "I still hate him, don't worry. It's just a little practical joke." She said, winking. James's eyes widened and he doubled over with silent laughter and high fived her. "What? What?" I whisper. James leans over and whispers "She's going to braid flowers into his hair." My eyes widened, and I smiled. I crawled over to her and started plucking more flowers off the tree. She worked silently and quickly, adding strands and working in more flowers that I brought her. When she was done, he looked like a punk rock fairy princess. 

James ran and git his wizard camera, and we got a close up of Sirius's hair and then a picture of sleeping Sirius on Bella, her holding up a flower and thumbs up. Then there was a selfie of all of us with Sirius in the background. In the end, James ended up sitting with Sirius at the base of the tree and we girls climbed up to the top of the tree. She turned and looked over the Black Lake. Bella sighed. "You're very lucky to have a guy like James, Lily." She said. "I don't know, Bella, Sirius looked a little blown away when you walked into the Great Hall." I teased. We both started laughing.....

James Pov

"James!" Sirius sat up and looked around. "I have something to ask you." He said, glancing around still. "How did you know you were in love with Lily?" he asked. My eyes widened. "Are you in love with someone?" I asked excitedly. "No!" He said quickly. "I just wanted to know what love feels like, like is it when your stomach lurches when she walks in the room and when you really just want to push her up against the wall and snog her senseless-but thats neither here nor there- and when you basically would jump off the Astronomy Tower for her, and would do anything to get her attention and when she's in a 5 foot radius of you your heart starts beating like crazy and when you see her with another guy it just feels like theres a Horntail repeatedly banging on your chest? " he says quickly. I give a low whistle and lean back. 

"Well, you've basically summed it up pretty well there, mate. Has our famous player of Hogwarts finally have a girl who can tame him? A CRUSH, perhaps?" I tease. He gets flustered. "What? No-you're being ridiculous-a crush?-crazy-hypothical question-" "Sirius. " I cut him off and look him in the ye. Raising my eyebrow. "Do you, or do you not, have a crush on this girl?" "Maybe."

"BLIMEY! WHAT IN MERLINS BEARD IS IN MY HAIR? I'M PUNK ROCK, NOT MORE FLOWER PRINCESS BELLA! I WILL MURDER YOU!"