Chapter 10- Suger and Spice

(this is a flashback to when marlene and sirius started dating in marlene's pov)

I mean, her reaction was priceless. Practically irreplaceable. I'm so glad she woke up. I thought I lost my best friend. She missed a big Qudditch match too- we practically had to pry James away from Lily's bedside to play.

                               **********

I just don't get Sirius Black, I thought as I trudged my way to the Qudditch stands. One day, he's hexing my hair off. But last night, when I was so worried about Lily, I was in the Astronomy Tower and he found me. No one finds me there, it's my secret hiding spot. 

I go there to break down. He actually comforted me, and held me while I cried. He smelt nice, like leather and rain. His arms were muscular because of Qudditch and they held me quite nicely. He had a warm body and had held me like he would never let me go- 

WOWOWOWW MARLENE. STOP THIS RIGHT NOW! Sirius Black is just a playboy who wants to shag you in another broom cupboard. Anyways maybe he'd change, I sure hope so. He could be quite nice when he tried-"Oof." I run straight into the devil himself- literally. "Careful Sugar, can't have me getting hurt before the game hm?" he said, holding his hand out to help me up. " Yeah. Listen, thanks for last night. You were really kind, I hope you act like that more often." I say looking at my feet. "Kiss for luck Sugar?" he says quickly, as if he didn't want to run out of confidence. I've never seen him like this before. 

"We'll see, Spice." I say, pecking him on the cheek and run away.

                        **************
The game went well with too many close calls with bludgers at Sirius for my liking, as my gaze always ended up going back to him.
                      ****************

After a spontaneous win for Gryffindor, Sirius flys over to the announcer booth and grabs the microphone to fly to the middle of the pitch wear he could be seen easily. " Okay everyone, listen up. I have a very important question, for a very important girl." he said searching the crowd for someone. My stomach lurched as J realized that someone was me. " Sugar, have you ever dated a Qudditch player before??" He asks, looking at me. I shake my head slowly, unaware of what's happening. "Well, would you like too?"

And, as they say, the rest is history.