Chapter 9- Lilys Awake!

"How much do you love Miss Evans, Mr. Potter?"

"Me, well, more than words can describe I guess. She's...... well she's bloody brilliant, that's for sure. And her looks... her flaming red waves that are the color of the sunset. Her eyes that I so easily get lost in. Merlin, they were like endless pools of emotion, slowly seducing me in. I could stare at her studying for hours and never get bored. Her many layers I was slowly peeling away, the awful memories she tries so hard to push away but needs to get out. When she dangles her legs off the Astronomy Tower too close to the edge and nearly gives me a heart attack because if she jumps.... I jump."

My eyes flutter open. I try to take in the scene around me. The hospital wing, major pain in my back. And a certain messy haired, hazel eyed, looking as if he hasn't left the chair beside my bed in weeks boy. The one that I loved. "James." I whispered. "I love you." I was weak. It was barely audible, but from the sharp intake of breath I could tell he heard me.  

" I love you too." he said, without hesitation. "I thought I lost you. There was so much blood, curses flying everywhere. It was bad. You've been out for two and a half weeks. I thought you were gone, love." he said, his voice cracking at the end. He gingerly laid himself done next to me. "James, how long has it been since you left this room?" I asked quietly. " Well.....Um......You see.... That would be the qudditch match?......" He said, scratching his head. " James, I love you but you shouldn't have stayed here! I would have been fine, I feel so guilty now that you missed so much class and sleep." I said, still very weak. " I couldn't leave, I tried! Every time I tried, I found myself running back to see if you were okay. 

Eventually Poppy gave in and let me stay here while Moony brought me my work." he said, tracing his thumb across my palm. It was a little squished on the hospital bed, but I wouldn't have it any other way. " Miss Evans! You're awake, brilliant drink this and in 20 minutes you're free to go." Madam Pomfrey said briskly, shoving a potion into my hands. I drink it and come up sputtering. "Well what did you expect, pumpkin juice?" James said faking exasperation, wiping spit from his glasses. I smile and remember the day I said that to James, when he took a Bludger to the gut. "Thanks for staying with me James." I say. "No problem, love- OH! There's been a, ah devolpment." He says, sitting up straight. I narrow my eyes. "Well.." Sirius and Marlene burst in, holding hands. Wait, What?! They hated each other! It couldn't be! No! Well, Alice and Molly owe me 10 galleons each. " AHAHA I KNEW IT! I shrieked, pointing a finger at them. " Marlene McKinnion, dating Sirius Orion Black the Third!" 

Sirius winced at mention of his middle name. " So help me Black, if you so much as hurt her pinkie......."