Chapter 24- New Girls

I ran down the stairs because I heard the Common Room portrait door slam. "How come you never told me you could sing?" I demanded, placing my hands on my hips. He ran his fingers through his hair and stuck them in his jeans pocket sheepishly. "Thats because I usually don't. I only sing for Rosie. It started really young, when she had nightmares all the time. That's how I knew what to do to help you, Lily." "James, you're really talented! How come you haven't told me? I would of thought you've used it to your full advantage, serenading me on Valentines Day back in 3rd year." I teased. "Lily... it's actually really late. I was gone a while. After I dropped Rosie off, I met with my parents, and then hung out with the boys for the rest of the afternoon. " He said, looking at me with concern. I glanced at my watch. 5:30!? Geez. "I was reading, studying,going over Ball plans...." I trailed off. "Lily, when was the last time you sat down and actually had a meal? Not eating a granola bar in the library or something?" 

He says, walking towards me. "Um, last week?" I say meekishly. His eyes flare, and then soften. "It's not my fault! I've been, like, really busy." "I get that, Lils, but that's no excuse to not eat. I don't know how girls do it," He says, shaking his head, "skipping a meal! Merlin..." I laugh and take his hand. "Sometimes I think you love food more than me, James." I say as we make our way to the Great Hall. "Eh, but you give me kisses. So you over rule it." We turn into the Great Hall and the Sorting Hat is sitting on the stool, looking ratty as ever. I stop dead in my tracks. "Why's the Hat out? All the first years are sorted." I ask curiously, making our way down to the Heads Table. "Dunno. A late one? Transfer? Who knows?"  James said, wrapping an arm lazily around my shoulders. Mcgonagall came rushing up to us.

 "Thank god I found you! We've just only found out ourselves. There's a new transfer from Durmstrang. Her parents are Death Eaters." She said in a whisper. I gasp. Poor thing. " She's been disowned, and now that Durmstrang found out they've expelled her for it. She'd only been there for a year. She went to Ilvermorny for the most of her life." She says, looking distressed. "I need you to make her feel as most as home as you can make it. She'd better not be in Slytherin, there's no room in the dorms..." She trails off rushing away. James looks at me. We sit down and wait for the girl to arrive. "Well this should be interesting." He said, arranging his napkin on his lap. "I forgot to tell you! Marlene and her family have moved to America. Some Order thing. Her and Sirius broke it off as well. It was falling apart already, though. They both are to used to their player ways, I think." I say matter of factly. James raises an eyebrow. The doors creak open. Standing there with Professer McGonagall is a tall girl with short thick brown hair. 

She has brown eyes, but when the sun hit them there was beautiful gold flecks. Her eyelashes were incredibly long. She had few freckles and long elegant lines to her body. She had an hourglass figure, but not that noticeable, but just enough. Her eyes flew across the room and ran her hands through her hair. She had on a black leather jacket with leggings and combat boots, but a white shirt. She had on a gold necklace with a unicorn charm on it. McGonagall made a motion that said stay here, and hurried down to speak with Dumbledore. 

She continued to stand there and then McGonagall called her down to the hat. I then noticed her glance towards Sirius, who was practically drooling at her. She walked down the aisle, and Sirius whistled and made to pinch her butt. Without even glancing down at him, and before he could do as much as get within a good distance of her, slapped his hand away and continued to walk down the aisle. Everyone was shocked and started doing that weird oooooh thing. I caught her eye and smiled at her and gave her  a look that said,

Sorry about him. I'd love to be friends.

She then smiled back at me and gave me a look that clearly said

I get that all the time. I'd love to be friends.

Dumbledore cleared his throat and started to speak at the podium. "Students. This young lady has studied at both Ilvermory and Durmstrang. She will be joining the 7th year.  Please do your best to make her feel at home." The girl spoke to McGonagall who spoke to Dumbledore, who nodded at her and smiled. She stepped up to the podium.