Chapter 36- Plans with Gay Friends

Bella POV

THAT NUMBRAINED, IDIOTIC, RUBBISH BASED, -

Okay. I'm sorry. There was more, you know. A lot more bad stuff. Insert sheepish smile and innocent grin here.

"If I wanted to kill myself, I would climb to your ego and jump to your IQ." I retort. I was walking up the stairs with Malfoy to enter the Slytherin common room for my very first time. Which is surprising, considering I am a Slytherin. Oh well. "Be quiet, or I won't let you talk again. I only did this because you cooperated SO well this morning." He says smugly, tracing his wand. I gasp in rage. "It's not like I had a choice!" I say. "Why couldn't you just have used Imperio?" I ask, rolling my eyes. "Easier for you." "And easier for you to break. This, you can't fight, and I don't need my wand, so I can't be caught red handed. Especially for some one like you, it's very hard to break for an outsider." I frown. "Why?" 

"Because of your wand type, they would need a certain person, that could be ANYWHERE to undo it. They would need a halfbreed, all sorts of stuff.... including my wand, which they could never get." He says smugly, placing it back into his stupid holder. "It's very well thought out, when you think about it." I remain silent, because he's right. Guess I'm stuck like this for a while. "Aha, your time is up!" He rubs his belt again, and I feel myself being pulled under his trace, and my body tense up under his command........

Lily POV

"GUYS! GUYS, I FOUND IT!" I sprint back towards the table, all hints of tiredness gone. They all immediately straighten. I repeat the passage. "It's very complicated, but I have faith in all of you. Does anyone know what wand type Bella has?" "Um, ash wood." Sirius mumbles, and I stare at him. "And how do you know that?" "I can identify wood by eye?" He suggests weakly, and although I let it go, I send him a glare clearly letting him know that this topic is not over. "That complicates things a little, but we'll burn that bridge when we get to it." "Isn't the phrase 'cross that bridge when we get to it'? Or maybe, 'you've burned that bridge'?" 

Remus, who's getting more pale by the minute, asks. "No. It means that we'll handle it when we get to it, but w'll be sure to mess it up when we do." I say brightly, and Sirius sighs. "Way for the burst of confidence, Lily." He says. "Moony, a quick word?" James says urgently, and I look at him in confusion as they go into an aisle. We only heard snippets of their conversation.

"YOU TOLD MARY?"

"I had too......"

"We have to tell them."

"It's the only way to save Bella."

I hear Remus go quiet after that statement, and they come back. They sit down, and James puts an arm around me. "Rem, you have something to say?" James prompts. He sighs. "Well, uh, you see, uh.........

I'm a werewolf."

I lean back into my chair. "Would it also happen to be that you three are illegal Animagus?" I ask.  They gape at me. "Wha-" James stutters. "How did you know?" Sirius gasps. "For one, Remus is always absent on the full moon. So are you three. And there's the fact, that when we all had to evacuate in 5rd year, because a werewolf, stag, rat and dog were loose on the premises- and you 4 were the only ones absent. HMMMMMMM?" I say, faking dumbness. "But, shouldn't you guys be running screaming by now?" He says, clearly upset. It's almost like he wants to be mad, and tell us to not be friends with him- that's he's dangerous. But he's too tired. He's always tired lately. "It's okay, Remus. We'll always be friends with you through it all." I say, and Frank and Alice nod. "But Lily, not everyone wants to be friends with a werewolf." He whispers. I immediately grab his hand and squeeze. "Not everyone wants to be friends with a Mudblood, either." "DON'T CALL YOURSELF THAT!" James and Sirius say, both in the same urgent tone. I smile small and shrug.