Chapter 49-Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal

Lily POV

"IT'S CHRISTMAS, YOU FILTHY ANIMALS!" James yells, banging pots and pans with wooden spoons as Sirius jumps on Bella, then me. I groan and stuff my face into James's pillow. "Lily! How could you sleep? It's Christmas!" He says in disbelief, jumping on the bed. He shakes my shoulders. "The presents will still be there in a couple hours, which we could be spending sleeping." Bella says, wincing as she stretches. Sirius walked in on her changing into her pajamas yesterday, and he completely blew it. She had to sit him down and explain to him why she has so many scars. He softened up, but was still tense the rest of the night. I assume it's because she knows how she's being treated. 

"Please, Lily!" James complains, rolling on top of me. "I'll give you kisses." He pouts. I smile, and turn my head. He's so close to my face that I can see every individual strand of his hair, every fleck of color in his eyes. His glasses aren't on, so I know he can barely see. I reach over to the bedside and place them on his nose, kissing him lightly. "Well, don't we have some presents to open?" I say softly, looking up at him. He grins, rolling off of me and grabbing my hand. Bella smiles as we walk the boys stampede downstairs. "You guys have been together so long, and yet you are still in the cupcake phase." I grin, and walk downstairs. "With James, I think we'll always be in the cupcake phase."

Sirius is shaking every present under the tree, trying to figure out what is in them. Bella eagerly joins him, placing the presents in individual piles according to person. Mia and Fleamont come out form the kitchen, carrying mugs of hot chocolate. I smile gratefully at her and take one. I sit down next to James, and Fleamont clears his throat. "Well. Who's going first?" James pushes his parents presents in towards them. "You two." He smiles.

Mia gets candles from Bella & I, a bracelet from Fleamont, and a nice dress from James & Sirius. Fleamont gets ties from Bella & I, a wand polishing kit from Mia, a wizard camera from James, and a radio from Sirius. The parents smile. "Thank you, girls. You didn't need to get us anything." Mia says, giving us each a hug. "It was nothing." Bella says, and I nod. Bella and I exchange a glance and push our presents to the boys. Bella's is very small, and mine is very big. They look at each other, then back at us. "Is it gonna blow up in my face?" They both ask. We laugh. "No." James hesitantly rips the first piece of paper off, and his eyes widen. He pulls out his present. 

I got him a new broom, the newest Silver Arrow. It's perfect for him, and I pulled a few strings so I could get it before it technically went to sale. "Is that...." Fleamont whispers, leaning in. "The Silver Arrow." I say, blushing. "I thought it didn't come out till next month." Sirius whispers, looking at it. I blush harder. "Technically it doesn't. I pulled a few strings, but if you don't like it I can give it back-" James slams his lips on mine with such force I fall back onto the couch. He presses himself up against me like he couldn't possibly be any farther away from me. My body feels like it will combust with love and butterflies. He pulls away and rests his head on mine. "I love you." He whispers, kissing my forehead. "Thank you." I blush, and look away from his intense gaze. Fleamont clears his throat and I bite my lip. "Sorry." Mia laughs. "No need. That was beautiful, honey." I laugh and lean into James. "I'm pretty lucky." James laces his fingers in mine. 

"Sirius, hun, open yours." Mia says, looking at him. He opens the box and his hands start to shake. He holds up a set of keys and looks at Bella. She smiles. "Right out there, bud." He bolts outside and Bella follows him, leaning on the doorframe with her arms crossed. On the front porch with snow falling lightly, sits Sirius's dream motorcycle. I recognize it because it's postered all over the dorm. "You got me a Tempest?" He says, whirling around to face her. "Yeah." She says, running a hand through her hair. "I know you've always wanted one..." She trails off. "I love you." He says breathlessly, and she exhales a breath of relief. "I love you too." He scoops her up into a hug and twirls her around, squeezing tight. Mia is standing in the doorway, a smile on her face. "I know you want to play with your new presents, boys, but don't you have presents you need to give out?" She says sternly, rising her eyebrows. Sirius looks longingly at the bike, but eventually follows Mia inside. James grabs a box from under the tree and hands it to me. I read the card.