I Think You Just Fell For Me

Dean didn't open his eyes, but he heard his little brother's laugh. He smelled a freshly trimmed lawn and felt little soft sticks poking into his nose. He heard a gasp leave the little moose's mouth and frantic footsteps running towards him. Dean's eyes shot open, but he wasn't in danger. Sam stared down at him and John splashed a little water from his bottle on his son, who was peering up at him curiously.
"What the fuck?"
"Are you feeling okay? What happened?" John asked his boy.
"Where's Cas? And Gabe? Why am I here?" Dean's expression was laced with confusion.
"Who are Cas and Gabe?" Sam asked with a furrowed brow.
"I think he's been in the hot car for too long." John replied to Sammy's question.
"No. I was at the Singer's. You know, Bobby and Rufus' house."
"Bobby Singer? We barely know him, boy. We just got here 5 minutes ago. We were just unloading boxes and you passed out." Dean stood up.
The sandy haired boy took a deep breath and screamed at the top of his lungs, "ALRIGHT YOU SON OF A BITCH! PUT ME BACK!" The floor flew up to Dean's face. It was lights out for Dean before he even hit the ground.
     The room was musty and dark. Ceiling to floor windows covered the walls entirely, but there wasn't any scenery, much less land. Just pure white light. Dean heard wings flutter. A tall, white-winged creature stood before him.
"Hey, Dean. I'm just gonna break the ice real quick. You don't know me, but I know you. I'm an angel. The name's Zachariah." The man picked at his nails ever so casually while he spoke. Before Dean could speak, Zachariah shushed him.
"Anyways, you know these past months you've spent with Castiel, your little figurative angel? I was just fucking with you. They weren't real. I needed to teach you a lesson." Dean was speechless on the outside, but his brain was jam packed with questions.
"Wait, so I can go back to my life and re-live everything over again? I can prevent Cas' attempted suicide? I can stop Meg from making the deal?"
"There's no need. Everybody is currently okay and will be fine if everything happens the same way it did. Trust me, you want to leave it alone. Don't try to change anything."
"So, what even was that 'lesson' you taught me?" Zachariah smirked.
"Oh, come on. Don't play dumb, Winchester." Dean had a confused look written on his face. Zachariah sighed.
"You think the whole soulmate thing is complete bullshit." Dean was about to protest, but Zachariah kept going.
"Don't argue with me, boy, I can read your mind. I know you didn't feel worthy of anyone batting an eyelash for you before you met Cas. He changed you. I only had to make you fall on him." With a snap of the angel's large fingers, Dean was back in his yard laying down again. He sighed.

So now angels are real? Great.

"I'm okay now. Let's keep unloading." Sam and John shrugged as Dean wobbly stood up.

~

"Sssaaabbbrriiiieeelll" Dean whispered as he flew past his little moose carrying a box.
"Seriously Dean, what is a Sabriel?" Dean laughed so hard he had to put the box down. Sam fought furiously against his blush.
"In the wise words of Bachman Turner Overdrive, you ain't seen nothing yet." Dean teased Sam.
     That night, Dean offered to grab tacos for dinner. Of course he went to Five N' Dine instead. He saw a familiar mop of hair fly through the aisles of romance novels with eyes as wide as dinner plates.
"Perfect stereo typical bookstore." The Winchester grinned and mumbled to himself. Dean took a few steps, and without Zachariah's help, went down.
"Aw shit, my head."
"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry, are you alright?" The dark haired boy sat up, noticing how damn green the mystery boy's eyes were.

"I think you just fell for me." Dean grinned and Cas folded his arms. Dean could choose his own path now, but frankly, he wouldn't change a damn thing.

END