First Day

Dean woke up and yawned, wiping his eyes. He leaned into a very soft and squishy Cas. Impaired by the grogginess, The Winchester looked at the pillow and empty space next to him, his mind finally registering that Cas wasn't there.
"Cas?" Dean's rough voice searched the room but found no reply. The Winchester sat up and looked out the window, panic rushing over him as he had a flashback to another time he woke without Cas.
"Cas?" He asked again, more force in his no longer sleepy voice. Dean walked over and looked out the window. He saw a figure watching the quiet night. Dean sighed and crawled out onto Cas' roof, joining the Singer in his 5am pondering session. No words were exchanged or needed on that roof. Words are ugly and messy, and they almost never come out right. That's why Cas didn't use them as much as others did. He never quite grasped what he was trying to say with words, so he used actions instead. He pulled Dean close and surrounded him with warmth and comfort. Dean didn't need words to understand that simple actions that Cas did meant 'I love you'. Cas didn't know how to express his feelings for Dean. Yet again, 'I love you' didn't cut it. He would rather say, 'When I'm with you, time stops and I feel like a completely different person around you and you never fail to win the award for God's Best Creation and I couldn't ask for anything more than you because I want you and nothing more and nothing less.' But that didn't seem to be enough either. He decided to just be quiet about it because words just weren't enough, and Dean understood that. For the next few nights, The teens snuck out to anywhere they could find.

~

    Cas was woken up with a burning sensation on his cheek from his brother slapping him. He heard Gabe screech.
"GOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAMMMMM! IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!" Cas was shaken by his younger brat brother and got out of bed. He groaned and got ready, putting on jeans and a mint smelling AC/DC t-shirt he borrowed from Dean's collection. Cas wasn't trying to impress anybody. He had everything he needed.
     Dean got out of bed and gently shook Sam awake. He laughed as Sam groaned and rolled out of his bed into a pile of laundry. Dean went downstairs and made pancakes with what was left of the mix in the box. Whistling along to Def Leppard, the older Winchester got ready, wearing a t-shirt and cargo shorts. Sam stumbled down the stairs.
"You seem awfully chipper. How much sleep did you get?" Sam asked, noticing Dean's stupid grin and rosy cheeks.
"Sleeping is the new smoking, Sammy. Coffee's the real deal. How many cakes?"
"That can't be right." Sam walked up to the stove and grabbed the top flapjack off the stack. After breakfast, Sam got in the passenger seat as Dean hopped in the driver's seat. The brothers cruised along until they reached their schools. Luckily, the high school was right across from the middle school, so Sam waved goodbye to Dean and was on his way. Proud encompassed Dean's face as he watched his little brother skip into the building. He went to the office to ask for a tour, but was instead greeted by Cas sitting in one of the desks while tapping a pencil on the wood.
"Hey Cas. What are you doing in the office?"
"Deeaannn! Hey! I'm an office aid 1st period so I hang out here. Want me to show you around?"
"That sounds great. Thanks." Dean replied, handing Cas the schedule he received in the mail a few days before. Cas studied the paper, eventually pointing towards a hallway.
"We have 3 classes together with Charlie. Sweet! Follow me." Cas started off towards the hall. Dean followed. Cas showed him to his classes, waving at people in the hallway.
"You seem pretty popular here."
"I guess, but I'm not one of those stuck up brats. I'm actually nice to people."
"How? 90% of people I know are assholes." Dean frowned.
"Kill 'em with kindness." Cas said through gritted teeth as he clenched his jaw and smiled at another kid. A girl with brown hair started walking towards the Singer.
"Hey, Meg. This is Dean." Cas introduced them. Dean gave a grin and tried not to focus on the way Meg raised her eyebrows and bit her lip at he sight of the Winchester.
"Hey hot stuff." Meg winked and giggled. Dean pulled Cas closer and ran his fingers through his obsidian black hair. Cas smiled, failing when he willed himself to not blush.
"Are you two a couple?" Meg asked, noticing the actions.
"Yep." The boys said in sync, glancing at each other.
"I totally ship it." Meg lied. Dean could tell automatically. The Winchester concluded the conversation by saying he should get going.
"Nice to meet you, Meg. See you later." Meg winked again as Dean walked off just as the bell rang for first period. The day went by slowly, but it could have been worse. Dean met some new people and sat with Cas and Charlie at lunch. Just as he was about to dig into his burger, Meg sat down next to him. Dean flinched and slammed his knee into the table when Meg grabbed his thigh. He coughed awkwardly and scooted closer to Cas, wrapping his arm around the dark haired boy's waist. Cas rested his head on Dean's shoulder, glancing at the salad in front of him. Meg noticed nobody was talking, commented on how boring they were, then left to go talk with the cheerleaders.
"Jesus, do I have to fuck you in front of everybody for Meg to get the message?" Cas blushed furiously, scowling at Charlie when she bursted out laughing. She breathlessly leaned over the table to give Dean a high-five. Both teens laughed while Cas stuffed salad into his mouth with a scrunched up face. Lunch ended soon after.
     Dean greeted a very smug Sam at the end of the day.
"You seem awfully happy. Do you have any classes with Gabe?" Dean asked.
"6 out of 7." Sam laughed and slid into the Impala.
"Nice!" Dean laughed and drove off.