It's Official

Dean's heart jumped when Cas rang the doorbell. Dean opened the door and saw familiar baby blue eyes observing him.
"Hiya, Angel."
"Hey, Dean. How are you?"
"I'm better now that you're here." That made Cas grin. Dean loved seeing Cas grin, it was the 8th wonder of the world. Dean reached in his back pocket and pressed the voice record button on his phone discretely. If things went well, this would have been great to record.
"Alright, Cas. I have something to say." Cas cocked an eyebrow and gave a confused look.
"It's better to burn out than fade away?" Cas replied, receiving a whole-hearted laugh from Dean. The Winchester tensed up and took a deep breath.
"Castiel Singer, will you be my boyfriend?"
Cas froze. He didn't move, but lots of thought were going through his mind.

Did the hottest, kindest, smoothest guy I've ever known just ask me out?

Is this a sick joke Dean's playing on me?

How could somebody like me? I'm just me.

The boy's thoughts were swimming in questions, but he didn't notice because his heart was pounding so fast. He didn't notice the corners of his mouth almost touching his ears either.
"Is Boston the best band ever?" Cas said out of nervousness. Dean looked confused. Cas laughed.
"That's a yes, Dean. Yes!" Dean laughed and hugged Cas.
"Boston's pretty great, I agree." Dean managed to squeeze out. He ended the voice recording when his phone was buried in Cas' chest. This was something to remember. The teens walked over to the table.
The sandy haired teen spread various movies over the counter. The two boys decided on watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Everybody loves comedy.
"Want some hot chocolate while I get the movie fired up?" Dean offered.
"That sounds fantastic, thanks." Dean poured a mug of for himself, and one for Cas. The movie was so funny, the teens were rolling around in tears. If Dean didn't know better, he would think Cas was sky high. The dark haired boy would say, "That rabbit's dynamite!" and laugh for a solid 5 minutes before repeating it again and laughing more. The boys decided to watch Army of Darkness next. Both boys loved cheesy comedies. Dean fell asleep about half an hour in, and he could have sworn he felt Cas kiss the tip of his nose before falling asleep alongside him. Dean woke up the next morning around 7 am and looked over to see a sleeping Cas with his trenchcoat over his face. Dean carefully pushed the trenchcoat off of the shorter boy, trying not to wake him, and being successful. Dean got up and made coffee for two. He needed Cas awake, so he decided to wake up the sleeping beauty with a kiss. Cas pretended he was still asleep, even though he woke up when Dean turned the coffee maker on. He wanted to feel like a prince woken up with a kiss, and that's just what he got. Dean straddled the teen, grabbed his hips, and placed his lips hard onto Cas'. Both teen's hearts jumped. No kiss had ever felt like that. Even with morning breath, Cas tasted like heaven. Cas smiled and sat up. Dean loved Cas' bedhead, and ran his fingers through the dark, thick hair.
"I wasn't much of a morning person, but I am now." the Singer said smoothly with a drowsy tone. Dean chuckled and said, "I made you coffee, if that helps. Weren't you supposed to go home last night?"
"Before I fell asleep, I texted my grandpa saying I was too tired to walk home."
"Ahh, nice one." Dean smiled. The boys sat down at the table and sipped the hot coffee in front of them.
"I want to show you something. I think you'll enjoy it." Cas spoke, his voice mysterious. Dean loved how Cas was always up for an adventure.
"Alright, you drive." Dean got up and tossed the shorter teen his keys before putting on a jacket.
"It has to be a surprise, so you need to be blindfolded." Cas mentioned. Dean didn't want to be blindfolded, but he trusted Cas and tied a tie around his head, covering his eyes. Cas lead the Winchester down the driveway and into the car. Cas pulled out of the driveway in Baby. He turned on the radio.
Dean reached his hand over to change the station, but Cas swatted it away, saying, "Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole." Dean pouted, then smiled. He couldn't see, so that helped him listen more. He listened to Cas breathing and mumbling along to Foreigner. After a while, Cas parked and got out. He helped Dean out of the Impala. Dean noticed Cas' firm grip on his shoulders, and couldn't help but think about the dark haired boy's soft but strong hands wrapping around his dick and touching him every which way. The Winchester had chills running down his back. By the time Dean's dirty thoughts had passed, he was inside and sitting down in a squishy chair. Cas took the blindfold off, and Dean looked around. He had no idea where he was, but it smelled musty, like old people.
"Are we in Five n' Dime?" Cas nodded.
"We're in a back room. I'm friends with the owner, Ron, so he lets me come in here. I help him organize books on Sundays. Anyways, I have to show you something." Cas pointed to a dusty bookshelf full of vinyls. Dean walked over, his green eyes scanning hundreds of great rock albums.
"No way. This is awesome!" Cas chuckled at Dean's reaction. The shorter teen walked over to an old record player.
"It's been too long." Cas sighed. He snatched a vinyl Dean grabbed out of the shelf and popped it on the record player, playing the first song on Dean's favorite album. The dark haired boy slid over to Dean and pulled him close. Dean pulled Cas even closer, their faces inches apart. The teens lingered there for a moment, observing each other's features. The Winchester grabbed Cas' waist, spun him, and dipped him. Cas yelped in surprise, but Dean gave a comforting smile as he pulled Cas back up and began to dance like a maniac. The Singer hadn't even noticed his favorite song come on.
"Shhh. This is my favorite song." Cas shushed Dean as Dean pretended to be offended.
"You love this song and you know it." Cas said.
"Well, yeah, what did you expect? This is my favorite song, too." Dean said, sticking his tongue out at the dark haired boy. The Winchester felt incredibly comfortable around Cas. He felt as if the shorter teen was the part of him that he'd been missing all of these years. As the boy's head swayed in every direction and his short, sandy hair flopped around, Cas sang along to Rock of Ages. Dean smiled and joined in. They both danced around like no one was watching.
"I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY!" Both teens slowly nodded along to the song, waiting for the best part, and they both knew it. Cas swayed over and took the needle off.
He spoke, "Listen to this part. This is important." Dean chuckled because he had probably heard the song over a thousand times, and Cas put the needle back on.
"IT'S BETTER TO BURN OUT, THAN FADE AWAY!" The two teens practically screamed along to the lyrics that seemed perfect for the moment. Cas played Dean's leg like a guitar, ecstasy raining down on them. They both died laughing and rolling around on the dusty floor. After a while of laying there laughing and listening to music, the boys found themselves face-to-face, breathing in sync, staring into each others vibrant colored eyes.
"Let's make a deal." Dean said seriously, clearing his throat.
He noticed the confused look on Cas' face, so he continued, "How about neither of us cut while we're still friends. I know it'll be like hell the first week or so from being withdrawn, but it's for the greater good. We'll see how long we can go."
Cas replied, "That's really smart, even though I probably won't make it even two days." Dean stared into Cas' eyes. The Winchester lifted Cas' arm up to his soft lips. Dean kissed Cas' arms up and down, wherever he saw destruction in the normal skin pattern. A few minutes had passed, and Dean spoke, breaking the silence.
"How about now?" The green eyed boy said with a deeper than usual voice, bringing Cas' arm slowly away from his mouth. Cas didn't want Dean to stop. Even though there were pricks of pain here and there from scabs, Cas was in heaven. No, he was just laying next to Dean. Easily mistakable.
"It doesn't sound so bad now." Cas spoke, almost whimpering.

Maybe Dean is meant to be my savior. Maybe this is destiny.

Cas' thoughts wondered to the Winchester. Dean was relieved. Both boys were incredibly content just laying on the floor looking at each others facial features.
"Goddammit, Cas my face hurts. You make me smile too much." Dean wasn't lying. His cheeks were getting sore. Cas laughed and stroked Dean's jaw line with his first and middle finger. The teens layed there for a while, not wanting to break away from each other.

A/N: I do not intend to romanticize depression and self harm. I simply want to share the journey of how the characters overcame their obstacles with each other's help. Sorry if it sounds cheesy, I tried. :3