1

Aliyah
Chapter 1: HNL
------------

One ...

Two .....

Three......

My dance teacher clapped over and over again as each step we took was our final breath , if we messed up on that step just kiss that breath goodbye .

My name is Aliyah Watson or Lia as what my parents called me growing up and family members. My upbringing was good and I was exposed to a lot of good things and opportunities that I'm grateful for having . My childhood was good I lived in a suburban neighborhood in Harlem and went to a good school and got a good education. I always want to be an dancer which I'm now focusing on in school now and outside of school . I met a lot of good people and dance behind upcoming artists I would loved to be Chris Brown back round dancer but I haven't made it that far but one day I will .

I focused hard on school and my dancing that I didn't have time to enter act with some of the outside world I was happy to have a best friend that I dance with and got to hang out with , but that was it . I kinda went through a struggle finding a place in Harlem that I was use to but I didn't want to live off my parents supplies . So, I told them to only send money to me unless it was urgent to where I could say I couldn't support myself anymore and I'm still kinda going through that right now ; but I don't want their pity and I don't need pity cause I want to grow by myself .

I eventually found a place in Harlem where my best friend lived so we were always close to each other and we even had the same job , so we could support each other also . I know it sound crazy but she was the only thing I had and it was the same with her ; yes we had outside people but we were basically like sisters and we seen so much together that others wouldn't even understand. Where we lived isn't safe and it's more dangerous than most think - people killed everyday on the streets and robbed and mostly every thing it's hard to live where we at but we're going to make it out . I know some are saying she's stupid when she comes from a family with money - but I want to go through the struggle even some would say 'that's not your character that's not your background ' it could be anybodys.

Some people want to experience that and I know that I do . Some thoughts are hard to explain to common people who would totally disagree and some would totally understand- everyone has an opinion right ?

"Good " my teacher smiled as we ended in our final position which was on the floor . Miss . Burn (yes that's her name ) was kinda rude and high key annoying and boujee acting but we only deal with her cause , she taught really well .

It was 5 of us in the room and we all had to sync each other move and support each other , we could be on step behind or one step ahead just move together. My chest was pumping a bit cause each dance I did I put my all into it and I never back or gave up on myself cause then I would miss out .

I saw Mila get up off the ground as she came over to me , she been my best friend since we first meet in class and shared our dislike about our teacher . Mila came from a similar background as me but went through a tuff time , and still going through a tuff time and that's where we clicked from . So , we are able to understand each other more and can support each other since we're basically sisters and don't plan on breaking up our friendship.

She put her hand out as I grabbed it and stood up ,"thanks girl I needed it , Miss . Burn was about to kill me to death today ." I joked as Mila laughed along with me .

We grew a accent living in Harlem so it was always stronger than the girls in our dance class , they were too boujee for us and always thought they were better . Me and Mila didn't have any time for them so we just stuck together.