Epilogue

A/N: This is it, the last chapter.

I'm pleased to say that between Fanfiction.net and wattpad, this story has gotten over 100k views, 4.2k votes, and 7.8k comments!

Also, this story is around 60k words long, meaning that it qualifies as a novel. I pretty much wrote a novel at the age of 15 hOW COOL IS THAT?!?!?!

Now, for the final chapter of Fix Me:

Ten years later, Phil's POV

It was a pleasant Day in the Lester flat. Rays of sun shone through the windows, giving the room a cheery glow.

Dan and I were cuddled up together on the couch, going through an old box of photos Mrs. Howell had dropped off.

"Oh my gosh, look how young we were!" Dan exclaimed, holding a photograph of us at our high school dance, "We look like bloody fetuses!"

"Please don't ever say 'bloody fetus' again," I plucked the photo out of his hand, examining it.

Dan was right; we almost looked like different people. Dan's fringe was much shorter now, partly due to the fact it was always curly. Both of us had grown a few inches as well; Dan was the same height as me now.

"You looked so emo" Dan pointed to my long, dark fringe.

"I was emo." I laughed, dropping the picture back in the box.

Much had changed in the past decade, and not just our hairstyles.

Being the high school sweethearts that we were, Dan and I had gotten married only three months after graduating. Unsurprisingly, we were told by many people to wait until after we graduated from university-Dan's parent's included-but we were both too impatient.

It was a small wedding, close friends and family only. My mum managed to get a few days off of work to come and visit, which was especially nice.

We decide not to have a honeymoon. Instead, we spent our extra cash on something a bit more permanent: an apartment.

It was shortly after moving in that we realized one of us needed a real job, not the small tasks we had been picking up here and there. And so I went to university to pursue a career.

Four years later, I had graduated with a degree in graphic design and found a job making video games.

Dan, on the other hand, didn't know what he wanted to do. He had teetered between majoring in either coding or photography for months before finally deciding not to go to college at all.

Shortly after his quarter-life crisis, he got a job writing for an online blog about problems in today's society and how we can fix them. The pay was low, but between our careers it was enough to get by.

"Have you talked to Alec and Leo recently?" Dan asked, resting his head on my chest.

"Not since last week," I pulled another stack of photos out of the box, "They're so busy wedding planning that they haven't had time to catch up."

Dan chuckled. "I know the feeling."

I was about to switch topics when a memory popped up in the back of my head, something I hadn't thought about in a long time.

"Hey, Dan?"

"Mhm?"

"Did you know Alec used to have a crush on you?"

Dan pushed himself up, looking down at me in surprise. "He did?"

"Yeah, he was pretty embarrassed about it too," I laughed, reaching up to brush the hair out of his eyes.