Chapter Twenty-Nine

A/N:

Q:what's your favorite meme?

A: I like salt bae, but I think my favorite is the poems about animals licking things.

*Long chapter ahead, wowo*

WC: 1918

Dan's POV

Two day's after the Amanda incident.

Phil's gentle stirring awoke me early Saturday morning. He moved away from me, trying to get out of bed, but I quickly pulled him back in protest. He let out a tired laugh, wrapping an arm around me.

"Thank God it's Saturday," I muttered, clinging to his shirt.

Phil hummed in agreement, stroking my hair back soothingly.

"How much sleep did you get last night?" I asked.

He sighed deeply, "Not enough.

"We could just hang around here for the rest of the day?" I suggested.

"That sounds great." He grinned, pressing a kiss to my nose.

I laughed, blushing.

"You're pretty adorable, you know that, right?" I could hear the smirk in Phil's voice.

"Shut up," I groaned, burying my face in his shirt.

"Really though, you're like a cute little kitten sometimes."

"I am not!" I scoffed, pushing him away.

"Okay fine, you're right. You're a cute little kitten all the time."

"Shut up."

Phil grinned cheekily, but the smile didn't seem to quite reach his exhausted eyes.

"Are you sure you don't want to go see a doctor?" I asked worriedly. "You haven't slept well in weeks, you need to get medicine for it."

Phil shook his head, "We can pick up some sleeping pills at the drugstore; I'm getting pretty tired of hospitals and doctor offices."

"If you think that's what will work best," I smiled, rubbing his arm gently.

"It is," Phil reassured me. "Now, let's go get some breakfast."

The two of us quietly made our way downstairs, my parents weren't awake yet.

"Cereal okay?" Phil asked, looking through the pantry.

"I'm surprised we have any left considering how much of it you eat," I snapped playfully at him.

Phil rolled his eyes, pouring us both a bowl. "Well I wouldn't have to eat all your cereal if you left me any pancakes.

"Touché," I muttered, glaring at him.

"Do you want to watch a movie today?" Phil suggested, taking a bite of his food.

I nodded. "Can we watch a horror movie? There's some good ones on Netflix I've been wanting to see."

Phil shrugged, "Whatever you want, babe."

I bit my lip, trying to suppress a smile; I loved nicknames so much.

"You okay?" Phil raised an eyebrow, noticing my grin.

"Yeah, I'm great," I muttered, a blush rising in my cheeks.

Phil just smirked, returning to his breakfast.

We spent the majority of the day watching movies in my room, which was really just an excuse for me to cuddle up to him for several hours at a time. The movie we were watching wasn't particularly scary, but that didn't stop me from scooting closer to Phil any time there was a suspenseful scene. By the end of the movie, I was practically lying on him.