Chapter Twenty-One

A/N: I'm so happy for Dan and Phil and everything they've done.

Lmao its like almost three in the morning and I still need to write a bit more and edit. My logic is telling me to do it tomorrow, because I have to wake up early for church, but I don't wanna.

Dan's POV

The school loomed ahead of Phil and I as we made our way down the pavement. I glanced over at Phil, who's hands were trembling with apprehension.

"Hey..." I spoke softly, taking Phil's hand. "It will be fine."

Phil looked down at our hands and blushed, not meeting my eyes. "You don't know that."

I stopped in front of the school gates, taking Phil's other hand as well. "I won't let Anthony treat you the way he used to, I promise," I gave Phil's hand a quick squeeze.

"Thanks..." Phil muttered, still uncertain.

"Let's go, you don't want to be late on your first day back," I smiled softly and pulled him towards the school.

...

People began to stare the minute we walked through the door, and whispers followed us down the corridor.

"Isn't that that new kid from a few months ago?

"I hear he tried to kill himself."

"Is that Phil? I thought he was dead."

"Are Lester and Howell Dating?"

"Why is Dan holding that guy's hand? I thought he was dating Tiffany."

"They broke up last year, dumbass."

I could feel Phil still shaking, so I gripped his hand tighter, casting him a small smile. "Do you need to go to your locker?" I asked.

Phil thought for a moment before nodding.

The two of us managed to squeeze past the crowd of people and find Phil's old locker, which he almost forgot the number of. We had only been there for a few moments when an all to familiar voice spoke behind us. "Look who's back," Anthony stepped forward, followed by his usual posse.

"Oh, piss off, Anthony," I stood in front of Phil, glaring at the boy.

"Bite me," Anthony glared back. After a second he averted his gaze to Phil. "You're alive. How unfortunate,"

I began to step forward, but was held back by Phil. "He's not worth it, Dan."

I bit my cheek, trying to stop myself from punching Anthony in the throat, and stepped back.

"So what, are you two dating?" Anthony spat out the word like it was poison, looking at us in disgust.

I hesitated, Phil and I actually hadn't discussed what we were yet. I decided to say nothing, but took his hand in mine, staring my ex-friend down.

"Well, Lester, at least you'll have a cell-mate in hell you fag."

Phil's grip on my hand tightened as his gazed dropped to the floor.

"What's your problem?" I let go of Phil, stepping forward so I was standing a few inches in front of Anthony.

"My problem is you and your faggot of a boyfriend," I felt a pair of hands on my chest and was shoved roughly into the lockers. An excited gasp swam through the crowd that had formed around us. Phil rushed over to my side, trying to help me up.

"I wish he had died," The chav growled at us, taking a step forward. "I wish he had bled out and died, and then I wish you had killed yourself too. It's all you both deserve, you know. To die young and suffer longer, it's what all gays deserve, the filthy bastards."