Chapter Twenty-Four

A/N: Okay, so here's  the thing, my keyboard is broken. Like I have a tablet and laptop in one, but I'm not good at using the internal keyboard because I usually rest my fingers on the keys, which I can't do with touch screen. I'm gonna do the best I can to write like this, and hopefully it will work. (But really tho, like it just stopped working for no reason??? Does any body know how to help???) Update: now word is glitching as well, so I'm actually writing this on Wattpad. Why does the universe hate me?

ALSO, COOL ANNOUNCEMENT: Today is the one-year anniversary of this story!!* Thanks so much to everyone reading this x

*at least I'm like 89% sure it was the 26th...

Phil's POV

I blinked groggily, covering my face with a blanket on order to avoid the streams of sun shining through the window.

Wait, sunlight? The sun shouldn't be rising this early, not unless...

In a frenzy, I shoved my blankets and pillows away, grabbing my phone off the bedside table and turning it on

9:27

A wave of panic washed through me as I jumped out of bed, blindly grabbing a t-shirt out of my closet. I was supposed to be at school over an hour ago!

Where is Dan? I wondered, quickly pulling on a pair of sweat pants (because let's be honest, who cares what they look like by the end of first semester). Did we both oversleep? Deciding I should probably wake him up, I hurried off to his room.

"Dan!" I burst through the door, running over to my boyfriend, who was still fast asleep. "Dan, wake up!"

Dan grunted, pulling his pillow into his face as I tried to rip the covers off of him.

"We're going to be late to school, it's already 9:30!"

This got Dan's attention. He rolled over onto his back, tossing his pillow aside and reaching out. He grabbed me by the shirt front, pulling me roughly towards him.

"Phil,"  Dan spoke grumpily, our noses lightly brushing each others. "What day is it?"

I thought for a moment. "The twenty third of....oh."

"Yeah, we haven't had school for the past week, we're on holiday. Now let me ignore my responsibilities in peace," With that, Dan pulled me down onto the bed, rolled over, and went back to sleep almost instantly.

I laughed awkwardly to myself, crawling under the blankets next to Dan.

"Whoops."

...

When Dan and I woke up an hour later, our priority was quite obviously food. 

"Do you want any syrup?" Dan asked, opening the pantry.

"Is that even a question?" I laughed, popping another waffle into the toaster.

A frustrated sigh caused me to turn around; Dan was standing on his tip toes, straining to reach the syrup bottle that was just a few inches away from his grasp. I failed to hide my laughter as I walked up behind Dan, wrapping one arm around his waist and using the other to grab the bottle. 

"Here you are, shorty," I teased Dan as I handed him the syrup.

"Shut up, I'm like six feet tall," He grumbled, craning his neck to look at me.

I laughed, leaning in closer. "I'm still taller."

Dan huffed, but connected our lips anyway. I smiled into the kiss, pulling him closer into a hug. I loved the little moments like this, I didn't feel numb or anxious or depressed, I just felt happy.