Chapter Seventeen

LISTENNNN: You guys should read some of @BrooklynSeirra17 's stuff (ill put it again at the end so you don't have to scroll back up) We kinda became friends lately and I decided to read her story Sight and it is sO MUCH BETTER THAN MY WRITING GUYS JUST GO READ IT I almost CRIED AND IT WASN'T EVEN SAD ITS JUST THAT NICE.

DO IT PLEASE

Edit:I'm making a book of very short horror stories so look out for that

Also, I think I like top's cover of cancer better now...

(suggest me a song to listen to pls x)

Dan's POV (This is gonna be all Dan, I've had some like this with Phil but not with Dan yet.)

"What time is it?" I asked Phil sleepily.

"4:56." His voice was still quite raspy from when he had gotten strangled earlier, and he now had a few cold packs lying across his neck to help with any swelling.

I groaned. "I still have to go to school tomorrow—well, today--and make it back before mum realizes I'm gone. I think I should leave soon..."

Phil nodded, his eyelids half closed. I doubt he understood anything I said.

Doctor Miles had brought Phil and I to a spare room hospital room with two beds in it for us to lie down on. Phil had asked several times if he could just go home with me (since he didn't plan on going back to his house any time soon) but because Phil was still a minor, he wasn't allowed to go home without a parent or guardian. Phil's mum was the only blood-relative of Phil's they could find that was healthy enough to take care of him, but they had failed to make contact with her. The most recent update we had been given was that they were going to keep trying to reach her, but until then Phil would be assigned a hospital room to stay in.

I was sure if Mum heard the whole story, she would be more than happy to let Phil stay in the spare room. At least, I hoped. It was always a bit lonely with Dad leaving for several days or even weeks at a time when work required him to. We could use the company.

Phil mumbled something I couldn't understand.

"What was that?"

"Have you come out to your parents?" He mumbled slightly louder.

"Oh... No, I guess I haven't." I realized with surprise. I hadn't been deliberately hiding it from them, but I was still hesitant to come out since they had kept their opinions so blurry. (probably just to hide that they're secretly a furry.)

"Hmm." Phil hummed, pulling his knees closer to his chest.

"Why?" I tried to ask, but Phil was already asleep.

I sighed, rolling over and staring at the ceiling, I really had to get home. I didn't want to leave Phil alone even though I knew he was safe, but unless I wanted my mom to freak out and call the police when she realized I was missing, I needed to get home.

...

"Someone must have stayed up late." Mum grinned cheekily as I walked into the kitchen.

You have no idea.

"Yeah, I had lots of homework." I lied, grabbing a mug and pouring myself some coffee.

My Mum rolled her eyes. "What have I been telling you about starting your homework earlier?"

I groaned loudly.

"Okay then grumpy, I'm headed off to work, make sure you don't miss the bus. Oh, and remember your father gets back from his business trip tonight!"