Chapter Thirty-Two

A/N: I feel like when I write this now I'm doing it more because I love writing rather than because I ship Phan.

WC: 2,059 wow this is long

(Do y'all like having a word count?)

Dan's POV

I had everything planned perfectly for Phil's birthday this Saturday; and although I was looking forward to our dinner date, I was dreading the day after. For it was Sunday that Phil's Mum's plane landed, and we'd find out whether or not Phil would continue living in the same house as us, or rather, the same country.

So it was much to my pleasure and dismay that the week sped by, and suddenly it was Saturday.

"So, what exactly did you mean when you said to dress 'nice"? Phil asked, rummaging through his closet. "Like, 'house party' nice, or 'your strict aunt's wedding' nice?"

I laughed, tossing aside the clothing catalogue I had been absentmindedly thumbing through. "Neither. Try 'semi-casual movie red carpet event.'"

"Huh," Phil mused, "that's specific."

"More specific than 'your strict aunt's wedding?'"

"Touché," The boy muttered, pulling out yet another button-down and holding it up to his torso. "Shouldn't you be getting ready too?"

I shook my head, "I already picked out my outfit. I did that last Friday, actually. It won't take me long to get dressed."

Phil raised an eyebrow. "You're going to leave your hair curly?"

I raised a hand to my fringe, running my fingers through the hair. Sure enough, it was curling at the ends. "Are you fu—" I trailed off, jumping off of Phil's bed and hurrying back to my own room.

"I think it's cute!" Phil yelled from down the hall.

"That makes one of us."

Roughly half an hour later, I was ready to go. I had chosen a simple pair of black skinny jeans, a black button-down, and a black tie. The Only color in my outfit was the swirling metallic gold pattern that crept over the fabric of my—otherwise black—blazer. It was a bold statement, even for me, but I liked it.

"That's a bit flashy," Phil noted, leaning against the doorframe.

I spun around and felt as if the breath had been knocked out of me. Was this the first time I'd seen him in a suit? It sure felt like it. Besides his usual black skinny jeans, Phil was wearing a snug-fitting white button down with a black tie and black blazer. I couldn't help but notice the gold chain of the necklace I gave him peeking out from under his collar. The outfit was simple, yet for some reason I was having trouble breathing.

"You look amazing..." Phil spoke breathlessly, walking towards me.

"I could say the same for you..." I muttered, straightening my tie.

"We should probably get going... Am I driving?"

I nodded. "Yeah, let's go," My mum had been nice enough to lend us her car for the evening.

"We're going now. Be back soon, Mum!" I called as we walked to the front door.

"Wait!" My mum hurried out of the kitchen, camera in hand. "I want some pictures before you leave!"

"Mum!" I groaned loudly.

Phil only laughed, wrapping an arm around my waist and facing the camera. My mom quickly got a few pictures, then sent us on our way. Not without a few rules, of course.