Chapter Thirty-Three

A/N:

I'm not really in a writing mood but oh well

WC: 2010

Question: how do y'all feel about Dan changing his username and branding?

Answer: I think it's a good change tbh, Dan (or Daniel, as he says now) is a different person than he was all those years ago—I think he made a good choice switching things up a bit.

Dan's POV

I had been listening to the persistent sound of Phil pacing for the past twenty minutes. As irritating as the creaking floorboards were, I could hardly blame him; his mum was supposed to show up any minute.

"Phil, I'm sure everything will go just fine," My mum offered hopefully.

Phil dismissed her comment with a slight grunt.

"Are you sure there's nothing we can do?" I asked again, already knowing the answer.

"I'm sorry Dan," Mum sighed, "we don't have legal custody over Phil; our hands are tied."

"Don't worry about it Mrs. H, I'm sure it will all work out..."

"Phil—" I began to respond when Phil interrupted. "Actually um, Mrs. Howell, could I talk to Dan for a moment, in private?"

Mum nodded, giving Phil a sympathetic look before retreating to the kitchen. The moment she was out of sight, Phil collapsed on the couch next to me.

"Hey, come here," I wrapped him in a tight hug, smoothing his hair down.

"I-I'm sorry," Phil muttered, resting his head against mine, "It's just, I haven't seen my mum in months and now I have to tell her that I won't go with her...it probably doesn't seem like that big of a deal since we were never extremely close, but she's my Mum, you know?"

"Yeah, I think I get it..." I bit my lip in hesitation before continuing, "Phil?"

"Yeah?"

I pushed him away, looking at him solemnly. "If you do go with your mum, you're going to meet new people...so don't wait on me. If you meet someone you lo—" I choked on the word, suddenly finding it difficult to talk, "s-someone you love, don't worry about us. I just want you to be happy, even if it means you're not with me..."

Phil said nothing, staring at me with an unreadable expression.

After a few seconds, I spoke up. "Phil?"

The boy sighed, closing his eyes slowly, "Dan, you're an idiot,"

"Sorry?"

"First off," Phil took my hands in his, looking at me tiredly, "I'm not going anywhere; I don't want to go to America, I don't want to live with my mum. Secondly, I love you way too damn much to let the Atlantic Ocean break us up."

"Oh..." I felt my face heat up, a feeling of relief washing over me.

"Do you believe me, or do you need proof?" Phil asked, a hint of a smile on his lips. "Profwldbeice..." I muttered.

"Come again?" Phil leaned closer, tilting his ear towards me.

"Proof," I looked up at my boyfriend. "I said 'proof would be nice,'"

Phil laughed softly, leaning forward and pressing a gentle kiss to my lips; a reassuring feeling in the mixture of emotions we were both feeling.

"Phil? Oh—" My mum walked into the room but stopped short when she saw us.