Chapter 14

A/N Hi again! Nice to see you're back ;) Remember to vote/comment! Everytime someone clicks the little vote button, a walrus gets laid. THINK OF THE WALRUS!

-

Darren was so overcome with shock that for a moment he just stood there, motionless, with Lauren's lips pressed to his. But then his brain caught up with him and he pushed away from her, knocking her backwards with more force than he had intended. She stumbled and fell into a collection of trash cans.

The sound of the crashing was loud enough to wake up Australia, but Darren didn't seem to be able to hear anything. His eyes clouded over as he stood there, staring at her. Her face was distorted with confusion and anger - she obviously was just as surprised as Darren at what she did. Lauren looked up at him and her face softened into a look of vulnerability. Darren now had some kind of power over her, and this would clearly change a lot of things.

A million thoughts flitted through Darren's mind at once. All these years he would have sworn that this girl hated him with a passion that burned with more energy than a thousand condensed suns. Was she just covering up her feelings? Or was she just trying to screw with his head?

For a second, the gentleman inside Darren considered helping her up from the floor, but then he thought otherwise. He was starting to wish he had nothing to do with girls.

He turned and swung the back door of Tallulah's open, leaving Lauren on the floor amongst the trash. She watched him go, her head in her hands.

*..*..*

Joey looked solemnly at his Charms homework as he laid sprawled across the couch in the common room, the fire flickering in front of him. Darren was sat in the chair, rigid and silent as he thought about what had happened in Hogsmead.

What was Lauren playing at? They were enemies, you don't kiss your enemies, it doesn't work that way. Does this mean that she liked him? No, she couldn't possibly... She'd hated his guts for the past six years. Maybe it was just-

"Hey Darren, can you pass me my kiss?" Joey asked. Darren jumped in surprise.

"What?" He said.

"I said, can you pass me my quill? I need to start this essay," Joey indicated to the quill on the table in front of them. Darren leaned forwards and picked it up, then passed it to him.

"You should probably kiss your Lauren, too, it's due next kiss day."

"W-what did you say?" Darren stammered.

"I said you should start your essay too, it's due next tuesday. Professor Flitwick will eat you alive if you don't hand it in on time," Joey replied as he started scribbling on his parchment. He looked up to see Darren nodding faintly, looking distant.

"Hey, you okay man?" Joey asked, looking concerned, "you seem kind of spaced out..."

"I'm-I'm fine. I'm going to go take a walk." Darren stood up and walked to the portrait hole. He climbed through it without looking back. He shook his head as he walked down the corridors, trying to clear it off any thoughts of Lauren. It was nearly dark now, so the corridors were practically empty.

But then just as he rounded a corner, he bumped into Bonnie. She had her brown hair pulled back into a messy bun, and her eyes looked tired.

"Oh, hey Darren," she said, stepping out of his way and continuing to walk.

"Hey, wait a second," Darren tugged on her arm gently and she turned back round to face him. "Where have you been?"

"Professor Sparrow kept me in his classroom for the past hour. He made me transfigure enough water into rum to fill the Hogwarts Lake," Bonnie replied. Darren gave a little smile.

"So, have you spoken to Joey recently?" He asked. "He's been kind of beat up about you two. What's going on?" Bonnie was silent for a moment, she bit her lip. For a second it looked as though she might be going to cry...

"Oh crap, oh crap, don't cry! What did I say?" Darren panicked. He had no idea what to do, Bonnie's eyes were already tearing up at the thought of Joey. This wasn't something Darren could handle. He looked desperately along the corridors for another girl. They were completely alone.

"I j-just don't know how to f-face him!" Bonnie sqeaked out, tears now trailing down her cheeks. Darren backed away slightly as if he had activated some kind of bomb. He looked at her helplessly. What's he supposed to say? Should he put his arm around her? Slap her? Tickle her? Lord knew Darren was clueless.

He cautiously strectched out a hand and patted her on the shoulder.

"There, there," he said quietly.

"I l-like Joey a lot, but he m-must think I hate him now! I handled this all so badly," She cried, suddenly leaning into Darren and laying her head on his shoulder. He stood there, awkwardly, with a crying girl attached to him, when to his unbelievable luck a girl came fumbling around the corner. Darren slithered away from Bonnie quickly and went over to her, taking the girl's arm. It happened to be Bella, wandering aimlessly through the castle.

"Bella! Can you fix this?" He steered her towards Bonnie, who was now distraught. Bella looked mortified and frantically shook her head. She backed away from Bonnie, apologizing and attempted to walk away, falling over her own feet a few times as she went, mumbling something about vampires sparkling.

Darren, exasperated, turned back to Bonnie. "Look, Bon, you just have to talk to him about this. He likes you, a lot. The longer you wait, the worse it's gonna get," he said. Bonnie sniffed and looked up at him.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm just scared, you know? He seemed really cheesed off with me the other day. Hells biscuits, this is all my fault," Bonnie said, shaking her head and letting out a sad sigh. "Thanks Darren. I'll tell him how I feel."

Darren smiled at her. "For the cleverest witch of your age, you really can be a dumbass sometimes."

Bonnie laughed. Then she stretched her arms out and hugged him. He gave her a reassurring squeeze back.

"NO CANOODLING IN THE CORRIDORS!" Professor Sparrow leapt out at them, waving his goblet of rum manically. Darren and Bonnie jumped in surprise. "You two noodles go back to bed, before I set Davy Jones on yer!"

"Professor, you're drunk," Bonnie said, scrunching her nose at the foul smell.

But he was already tottering off down the corridor, undoubtedly on his way to the kitchens for more rum. As he went he sang drunkenly to himself;

"We're going this way that way forwards backwards,

over the Irish seaaaa!!! A bottle of rum to warm my tum,

and that's the life for me! EVERYBODY NOW!"

-

A/N: Sorry if this wasn't majorly interesting, but it had been a week and I wanted to get something up for you! Just remember what I said about the walrus...