But I did forget that even I had a heart once upon a time .

Carl's POV:

I look at her intensely , trying to figure out , what in hell does 'No , this wasn't my decision ' means.

I knew that falling love comes with many challenges but cone with too many when its human.

Wait!!! Where did that come from? I never had and never will fall in love .
This is might be done strong physical attraction and you know what , I am happy wolf without a mate and one night stands keep me satisfied. I'm okay with this

'No. We need a mate '. My wolf growled.

'You know that's not true. And I surely don't want to die lonely. If you don't turn her I will' and that's how my wolf annoys me and that's how I seldom block his voice.

“You gotta be kidding me. " i snapped.

“i know this sounds weird but I wanna try it out. See if things could work. " she blurt out

“TRY!!!!!you wanna try it out? Are you....are you even listening to yourself, you sound insane......." I  breathed out and looked at her ,  “You don't want this okay???
Listen , if you choose to TRY , there's no going back. You'll be stuck. forever."

“..with you. " I completely was dumb folded , my wide eyes digging into her.

“I know , its  not going to be easy .....at all. But I like Carl.......I ...no I ...love you"  and I heard it loud and clear , what she thinks she muttered.  We kept silent for few minutes. We both gazed at the fire. Until i had gathered guts to speak up.

“Its not gonna be easy , it will hurt......A LOT!” i murmured more to myself than her.
“I know, but I also know, with you I will be alright. And I can't let you die.  " She slid her hand on mine. And I am moment I felt tingles run through my blood. I never had this affect on me.
Without saying anything i got up and moved unless she pulled me.

“Carl I ...I confessed my love ,
Won't you ...........I ..I mean say --”  and it was all silent again.

Why don't she just get it !!! Its not about me neither me dying.

I took time to process what she said.

confessed her love' my wolf sounded excited and I was super pissed. Does she think
its a game of kids? How could someone just fall in love with...with  another specie. Who isn't even humanly and has almost an eternity to live
It as dumb as confessing love for a dog.