Part 7: Hyoma, Gingka's Childhood Friend

[Name]'s POV

Kyoya and I wait at the top of a hill, looking down as Benkei, Madoka, and Kenta try to figure their way up. The slight rustle of a bush catches my attention and my senses heighten as I look at the shrubbery. "Kyoya-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"I know." He closes his eyes and sighs.

"What's the matter?" Benkei asks once he reaches the two of us. We don't respond immediately, and Benkei looks back and forth between us in confusion. "Kyoya? [Name]?"

I shake my head with a smile before lending a hand to Madoka and Kenta. "Don't worry about it. It was nothing," I say while giving my cousin and friend the final pull they need to reach the top.

"All right," Benkei says, and we head down a path, coming across a small waterfall that fills up a crystal blue pond.

"Oh, wow!" Madoka gasps and takes off her shoes, dipping her feet in the water while Kenta washes his face.

I watch as Benkei picks up Madoka's suitcase and Kyoya grabs Kenta's backpack. "Come on, we don't have time to be sitting around." Kyoya turns to walk away.

"Wait, just a few more minutes." Kenta stands up but falls over on his face.

"Kenta, what happened?" I crouch down and he looks up at me kinda loopy.

"It's just a foot cramp," he says, and I sweat-drop and stand back up.

"Just great," Benkei huffs, and Kyoya looks over his shoulder at Kenta.

"Well, can you walk?" he asks the small boy who stays on the floor.

"Great, just more baggage to carry," Benkei states in annoyance.

"Who are you calling baggage?!" Madoka and Kenta point at him and start blubbering nonsense.

Benkei gets frustrated and kicks a stick which hits a beehive, and I watch as he runs in circles as the bees chase him, and Madoka and Kenta make fun of him in the background until they both get a foot cramp and fall on their faces.

Kyoya covers his face in embarrassment and shakes his head while letting out a sigh. "You know what, how about we take a food break?" I suggest, and Benkei's eyes light up at the mentioning of food.

I lay out the ham sandwiches that I made and the Benkei, Madoka, and Kenta run over and start to eat. Grabbing two sandwiches, I saunter up to Kyoya who stands away from the three now bickering friends. "Here, I grabbed you one before those three either eat or destroy all the sandwiches." I offer him the food.

He takes it from my hand and takes a bite. "Thanks, [Name]." He swallows his food and a slight blush dusts his cheeks.

I start to eat my sandwich when Madoka, Kenta, and Benkei gasp. "Who cares about the ham! All the sandwiches are gone!" she announces, and I catch a glimpse of the monkey stealing the food I made for everyone.

"You know, you three, if you had stopped bickering and just ate like civilized humans that monkey wouldn't have stolen the food," I tell them as a sad aura surrounds the three of them. The monkey looks down at me and I coo at its cuteness for a few seconds while Kyoya walks over to join up with Benkei who now is arguing back and forth with Kenta.

"Hey, you gu-" I start but someone pulls me into a bush and drags me away. 'Not again...' I start to thrash around and their hand slides off my mouth, giving me enough time to scream, "HELP!!"

They cover my mouth again and hold me against their chest. "Quiet down, I'm not going to hurt you. I just have a few questions," a calm voice says, and I look up into the blue eyes of a guy my age.