Part 7: Hyoma, Gingka's Childhood Friend

Start from the beginning

"That's amazing! That power combined with your balance type Bey. I bet no one can beat you," Hyoma says, and Kyoya narrow his eyes at the odd man.

"You seem to know a lot about Beyblades... are you a blader, too?" he asks, and Hyoma hums.

"What's a blader?" he asks, and I almost fall out of the tree I'm on due to his horrible lie. I shake my head, when a wild boar suddenly starts chasing Benkei, forcing him to climb up a tree. Hyoma hides quickly before launching a Beyblade to save my friend, causing Kyoya to look around in surprise.

Hyoma climbs the tree I'm in and stands beside me. "So, you are a blader?" I cock an eyebrow with a smirk as his Bey returns to him.

"Well, I never flat out said I wasn't," he chuckles and rubs the nape of his neck with a sheepish smile.

"You're odd... I dig it," I laugh, and he blushes lightly.

"Thanks..." Hyoma scratches at his pink cheeks before looking me in the eye. "I'm going back down to your two friends."

He jumps down from the tree and walks over to Kyoya and Benkei, and I rest on the tree branch as they talk, but the tone of Kyoya's voice lets me know that he knows something is up. "Hey!" I look down the path to see Madoka and Kenta running towards the three, waving with a smile.

'Jig's up, Hyoma, they're going to find out you've been lying to them' I watch as Benkei checks up on Madoka and Kenta.

"So, we meet again." Hyoma looks down at Kenta and my cousin, causing Kyoya's eyes to sharpen.

"Yeah, thanks for the tips earlier," they say, and Hyoma gives them a close-eyed smile.

"I'm glad you found the path okay and I'm sorry about running off on you guys but I got distracted," Hyoma nervously chuckles, and Benkei, Madoka, and Kenta seem to buy the act, but Kyoya is seeing right through it. "Well, should we get going then? I... I can show you the fastest way to get there," Hyoma says, and Benkei nods.

"Wait!" Madoka yells, and Hyoma stops in his tracks.

"Yes? What is it?" He looks over his shoulder, and Madoka looks down sadly.

"My cousin disappeared before the four of us split up. Have you possibly seen her?" Madoka asks with hopeful eyes.

"Uhhh, what does she look like?" Hyoma scratches the back of his head and sends a quick glance my way.

'I was actually starting to enjoy this weird version of a kidnapping' I sweat-drop while Madoka describes me and gives Hyoma my name.

"Sorry, haven't run into her," Hyoma lies, and Madoka frowns.

"Maybe she already got to the village," Kenta points out, and Madoka weighs the possibility.

"She's smart so she might already be there, but if not..." she trails off as worry crosses her face.

'Yay, I still get to play this game a little longer' I notice Hyoma send me a smirk as I follow along with his plan. He starts leading my friends in circles, making me chuckle in amusement. After the first couple laps, Kyoya puts down a rock for each time they pass that spot on the rocky hill. 'Smart, Kyoya... very smart'.

They go around one more time and I smirk as Kyoya grits his teeth, when they start another circle around. "Are you sure this is the right path, Hyoma?" Kyoya asks as everyone stops and looks at the fanged male.

"Well, of course it is," Hyoma responds without turning around.

"Oh, really? Then why have we been here before?" Kyoya growls, and Hyoma chuckles nervously.