Epilogue Pt.2

Third person POV

"Louis?"

"Harry." Louis looked at the boy in awe. He had changed so much yet still Louis saw the shy boy he had fallen for many years before.

"What um, what are you doing here?" Harry shifted uncomfortably.

"I could ask you the same question." Louis chuckled dryly.

"I volunteer here occasionally to help Barbara out." Harry explained. "You look different, very different."

"Well I got the tattoos removed, took the piercings out and the holes closed up so." Louis shrugged. "I guess my aunt was right, it was just a phase."

Harry couldn't help but laugh and shake his head. "How's your mum doing?"

"Uh not to well." Louis sighed. "She's got cancer."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that, Jay's a lovely woman." Harry smiled sympathetically. "Well how are you doing?"

"Pretty good, I'm a billionaire now and retired so that's nice." He shrugged. "How about you?"

"Well I'm modelling now so I'm having a bit of fun with that." Harry smiled.

"I knew you'd be a model some day, you're too gorgeous not to be." Louis complimented making Harry blush. "Can we stop all this awkward small talk? I'm just going to get right to it. I want us to start over, breaking up with you is the biggest mistake I've ever made."

"Louis I—"

"No, no I'm serious. You and I went through hell and back for our relationship and the fact that I gave it up for nothing is ridiculous so please give me another chance." Louis pleaded.

"Louis, I can't give you another chance." Harry shook his head.

"And why not?" Louis scoffed.

Harry held up his left hand where a band was slid delicately on his ring finger. "I'm engaged."

"Oh." Louis said quietly.

"Quite honestly even if I wasn't I probably wouldn't give you another chance."

"What? Why?" Louis furrowed his brows.

"You broke my heart." Harry said quietly. "You broke my heart so much when you broke up with me. Did you know I was planning to propose to you that day?"

"Y-you we're gonna propose?" His eyes widened.

"Yeah, I was." Harry nodded.

Louis thought back to that day,

"Love, I have something to tell you." Louis said as he fiddled with his fingers nervously. He had flown to Doncaster for the summer and he had asked Harry to meet him at the park.

"Yeah actually I have something to tell you too." Harry smiled widely. "But you go first."

"I love you Harry, a lot but I think we should break up." Louis sighed.

Harry's smile dropped. "What?"

"It's just I can't do this long distance thing, especially when you're on a whole other continent."

"Louis please don't do this to me, I-I can't lose you." Harry bit his lip, tears gathering in his eyes.

"I'm sorry Harry, I really am." Louis shook his head. "But what were you going to tell me?"

"Nothing, it's not important anymore." Harry wiped a tear from his face and walked out of the park.

Louis looked up at Harry. "That's what you had to tell me?"