40

Levi was beginning to get restless. He hadn't talked to you in a while, and knew very well that you had a lot on your plate right now. He just wished that your relationship could be resolved to how it was before, but of course, the fact that he had to wait for you to loosen up after handling so much stress was undeniable.

If Levi had to be completely honest with himself, he didn't really know anything about how to handle relationships. It was difficult and complicated. But if there was one thing that he knew, it was that you meant so much to him, and although he was accustomed to neglecting his own emotions and pushing everyone away, somehow he didn't want to be like that with you. It confused him more and more with each time he thought about it.

With the current situation, Levi wasn't sure with what he had to do. Was he supposed to talk to you and apologize immideately, or was it for the better that you would approach him when you would be ready? He spent a lot of time thinking about it, but he also felt like he was running out of time. The only option left would be to ask someone for advice, and since there was no way he'd be asking someone like Hanji, there was only one person left on his list.

Finally, he arrived before Erwin's office. He managed to pick up the subtle sound of someone talking from inside, indicating that he was already having a guest. It didn't matter much, since it was something rather urgent. Levi's hand reached to knock the door, impatiently waiting for the man to allow him to enter.

"Come in." He heard Erwin say, immideately turning the knob and swinging the door open.

He was beyond shocked to see who the other person in the room was. Of course it had to be you. You were shocked yourself by the unexpected visitor, quickly drifting your gaze away, hoping that you could avoid any eye contact.

"Can I help you with something, Levi?" Erwin asked the baffled male.

What has he supposed to now? The only rational option was to just leave. So he let out a little grunt, massaging his temples out of annoyance towards his terrible luck. "Nevermind. I'll just come back later."

"No, it's okay." You immideately shot up, not once staring directly into his eyes. "I was just about to leave. Thank you for the talk, Erwin."

The man nodded at your direction. As you were walking out of his office, your shoulder accidentally brushed with Levi's, sending a shiver down your spine.

Once you had left, Levi closed the door behind him. He pulled out a seat, and all of a sudden felt utterly pathetic for even considering asking for advice to Erwin.

"It's (y/n), isn't it?" The man nonchalantly adressed Levi's troubles, whilst stacking the papers on his desk and putting them aside.

"Yeah. . . What the fuck am I supposed to do?"

Erwin stared at him out of disbelief. To be frank, he wasn't that good at relationships himself, but Levi just seemed completely hopeless.

"Well, depends whether you want to make things right while you still have the time. She's leaving this evening, so--"

Levi sprang up, pulling the man by his collar roughly. His eyes screamed of betrayal. "What do you mean, she's leaving?"

Erwin sighed, "Exactly what you think I mean. She's leaving the Survey Corps. Says she doesn't belong with us anymore. Now if you would kindly let go of me."

Levi began pacing around the room out of sheer anger, clenching his fists and gritting his teeth. "And you didn't try to stop her?"

"Of course I did. But she seems to really stick with her pursue."

Levi let out a loud grunt. Now it all clicked, what you had said. 

I was just about to leave.

He was completely and utterly lost. It was like the entire world was coming to an end. 

"So you just let her leave?" Levi spat at the man, not sure who was to blame in his predicament.

Erwin felt ever so piteous towards Levi, for he too, knew what loosing someone felt like. So he stood up and approached the younger man. His hand was placed on Levi's shoulder as he began to speak, "You see, Levi, sometimes if you really care for someone, it's better to let them go. Wouldn't it be better to be apart and thriving, instead of together and miserable? It's better for everyone in the long run."

A moment of silence passed, probably for Levi to let those damned words sink in. It made him feel miserable, and he wanted nothing but some time to think.

"Don't tell me what to do," He said, pushing Erwin's hand away, and proceeding to exit his office. He slammed the door out of frustration, possibly attracting the attention of the people passing by.

"Damn it." He muttered. Because although he didn't want to admit it, he knew that Erwin was completely right.