16

alright sooo.

wow.

i now have over 100 votes & comments, & also nearly 2k reads. damn! :>

thanks to all of you readers, again. you inspire me to keep writing! :'

anywho

i had a few difficulties writing this chapter, & constantly changed it, but finally i settled on one version i had in mind, & here it is :)

You.

"So we haven't ran into any titans, yet. But you nitwits should pay close attention while we professionals handle the situation when it gets tough." Auruo smugly pointed out, bitting his tongue. Me and Eren glanced at eachother, and shrugged.

"You're still trying to act like Captain Levi, aren't you?" Petra sent him a soft glare.

I rolled my eyes at these two.

I did have to agree that I haven't seen any titans so far, which everyone- but mostly Eren- had highlighted as very strange and suspicious. Our current formation was Levi taking the lead of our Squad, and right behind him were Eren and me, followed by Petra and Auruo, and behind them were Eld and Ghunter. It was pretty boring since we were just on our horses the entire time, plus I had to listen to the two behind me quarreling constantly.

I decided I should strike up a conversation.

"Hey Eren, do you think we'll encounter any of those giants eventually?"

"It would be such a pleasure not to." He said.

"I guess so. Although I am curious of how their appearances are like." I said.

"And I'm able to sum that up using just two words; really ugly." He said, and we broke into a laugh in unison.

"This is no time for jokes." Levi interrupted. "Our mission is to protect Eren from danger at any cost."

I sighed. It was so typical of him.

The rest of the way was spent in silence, the only sound being Petra's disagreements with the smartass beside her.

And at last, we arrived at an old building for the Corps to rest and eat in during their expeditions. That is what Eren had told me, anyway.

Everyone went inside to get the food ready, but I chose to stay outside and gaze at the distant trees. I sat on the fence, and my eyes wandered around.

It was ironically peaceful. We were outside of the Walls, where one could come facing death in merely seconds, yet I felt at ease here. Unlike the stressful town back home, this place was filled with silence and mesmerizing beauty.

"Oi, brat."

"Yes, sir?" I spoke without turning my head towards him, as my back was facing the ebony-haired man.

"Eat. You'll need the energy whenever danger heads in our direction." He said.

I didn't say anything afterwards. He stepped closer, and pulled me off the fence.

"What part of 'eat' did you not understand?"

"Levi, I'm not hungry!" I defended.

His face was inches away from mine, a glare plastered onto his features. He gritted his teeth, "That was an order, not a request."

I sighed, "Are you that concerned for me?"

He pulled me by my collar, and somehow the menacing look in his eyes had increased.

"You're a member of my squad, you fool. It's my duty to keep you in fit shape."

He mumbled something that I believed I had misheard as ". .I don't want to loose you again, stupid."

I discarded what my mind had managed to pick up, and switched to a different yet still relevant question.

"Really, Captain? I don't see you ever saying something like this to the other squad members." I smirked with my bold words.

"That's it."

He dragged me all the way inside, and into the room where everyone was nearly finished with their meals. I was seated on the floor, and a bowl of soup and some bread was placed before me.

I exhaled. My shand shakily grabbed the spoon, and I covered my mouth to prevent throwing up. Usually the scent coming from the meals had been something I could tolerate, however this time, it was incredibly disgusting.

"Don't make me shove it into your mouth again." The Corporal said, letting me realise his presence against the wall.

I averted my gaze back to the soup. There was no way on earth that I could ever eat it. Although I was scared of the man standing at a small distance away from me, I didn't intend to poison myself.

"What the hell are you waiting for?" He barked at me.

I tried again, picking up the metal spoon, and bringing the horrid smelling liquid closer to my lips. I gulped, and quickly shoved it in.

The spoon was released from my clutches, and it felt straight down onto the cold ground, earning everyone's attention. I covered my mouth, fits of coughing and choking followed. The man only glared at me sharply, while a few others rushed to my assistance.

"[f/n]! Are you okay?!" Hanji was the first one to jump over to me, and pat my back. Armin, Mikasa and Eren were also by my side now. Some whom were watching gave me a look of concern. But I pushed them away, and ran outside, still covering my lips.

"Tch, that idiot." I heard Levi say.

===

Erwin instructed us to return to our horses and get back into formation in order to proceed with the mission. I did so, but was still far from eager to encounter Levi again.

A hand grasped mine, and intertwined our fingers. My eyes snapped in shock at the person behind those actions.

"[f/n], it'll be okay. We all know how scary the captain may be sometimes. If anything, I'll be there for you." Eren said reassuringly.

"Thank you." I said with a smile.

He didn't let go of my hand. Instead, he leaned down and gave me a tight hug. I let my head rest on his shoulder, and indulge in his scent. I was distracted from my thoughts once my eyes landed on the piercing grey ones of a short man that I knew quite well.

The look he gave me somehow came to be extremely familiar. Our eyes locked for a short moment, before my head began to throb insanely, as a couple of unclear images washed about through my memory. I frantically backed away from the boy I was embracing just seconds ago.

"Is something wro-?"

I screamed in pain and fell onto my knees, and pulled at my hair, wanting the pain to stop.

"[f/n]!" He got down and looked at me worried.

"It's been such a long time, [f/n]. But I'm glad that we are finally able to make contact again." A voice hummed inside my head.

"No! Make it stop!" I clutched my head even tighter. Out of the corner of my eye, I had even saw Levi concerned. But I didn't care about the others and my surroundings. Tears were spilling down my cheeks, and the pain shooting throughout my entire body was unbearable.

"Don't you know, [f/n]?" The voice came back.

"I missed you, oh so dearly."