6

another update whoop whoop

You

I sat down on a chair after Hanji had told me to wait for her. Who knows what she's up to.

As I did so, my mind kept replaying what had occurred whilst me and the Captain were in that store.

- flashback -

We headed towards the counter, so that Levi could pay for the items he had bought.

"Good morning, Levi. It's a pleasure to see you again here," An old man laughed. His whole face was covered with wrinkles, and he was wearing glasses, meaning his eyesight wasn't all swell. He had a warm smile that could make people feel at ease whenever they were around him. "Ooh! Who's this? Why didn't you tell me you had a girlfriend?"

"Y-you're on the wrong side, sir." I nervously said, feeling my cheeks heat up.

He laughed again, "Ah, young love. I remember the day I first met my wife, as if it just happened yesterday."

Great. This was just what I needed.

"Though I have to say, you two look great together!" He complimented.

"Even if I had a girlfriend," Levi said with a bored expression. "She'd be prettier and smarter than this idiot right here."

I felt my heart drop the moment I heard those words escape his lips. I couldn't comprehend why he could make me feel this way. Sure, I had tons of people tell me that I was ugly or useless, but never did it wound me as much as it did right then.

"Now, now, Levi. No need to hurt the lady's feelings." He frowned.

"It's okay, sir. I appreciate your concern." You assured him, "But there's no way I'm ever going to be in a relationship with a heartless creep like this one, anyways."

Levi's expression didn't change, hence you didn't feel guilty whatsoever for what you had said.

"Oh, my bad, I apologize for misunderstanding." He said, looking rather sad.

"Just let me pay so we can get out of here."

- end of flashback -

I bit my lip, unsure on how I was supposed to feel in this kind of situation. Emotions were never really my thing. But that could be a lie.

"I'm back!" Hanji giggled. For the first time, I was really glad to see her. She had a huge grin on her face as she walked closer to me. I was confused at first once I saw her hold a black lace dress in her hands, then it finally clicked in my head. I knew exactly what she wanted.

"Hanji, there's no way I'm trying that on!" I said as I got up, and tried to get away. Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough. She grabbed my hand, then pulled me closer to her.

"I've stumbled upon this dress about a month ago, and I was captivated by how beautiful it was." She told me. "It didn't fit me at all, though. But I think it would be perfect on you!"

"H-Hanji, I don't really-"

Before I could finish my sentence, she pushed me towards the changing room, locked the door, and leaved me there with that dress.

I sighed, then looked at the dress she had wanted me try on so badly. It looked somewhat simple yet elegant. Luckily, there was a mirror in the tiny room. I stripped off my clothes, until I was left in my undergarments, then I carefully put the dress on, trying not to damage it. Surprisingly, I had to agree that I didn't look so bad.

I heard a knock on the door, "[f/n], you done yet?"

"Yeah. ." I softly said, loud enough for her to hear.

She unlocked the door, her eyes gleaming with amusement when she saw me.

"You look so beautiful in that, [f/n]!" She squealed. "It's like that dress was made just for you!"

"Thanks." I smiled.

"I bet you could even make Shortie's heart melt with that on." She chuckled.

"Um, yeah, no." I said.

She laughed, "I'm just kidding. There's no impressing that jerk!"

I laughed along with her, agreeing with the fact.

"Anyways, I'll pay for that." She said.

"No, you don't have to." I waved my arms in the air.

"Yes, I do." She said. "You don't see a dress like that every single day, now do you?"

She kept insisting, and no matter what I said, it didn't affect her determination.

At the end, she bought me the dress.

------

I still had the outfit on when we entered the HQ. As we walked through the Hall, a lot of people were staring at me. They had their eyes as wide as plates, and their mouths agape. They were whispering about something. All the attention made me flustered.

". . .[f/n]?" Reiner blushed once his eyes had landed on me. "Well, aren't you a sight for sore eyes?"

"Ah, thanks." I managed to say without shuttering.

"Hey, you're bac-" Eren's eyes widened.

"You're welcome." Hanji whispered in your ear.

"H-Hanji," You blushed.

"[f/n], you look. . . beautiful!" Armin complimented, his face as red as a tomato.

I was constantly getting showered by compliments, and it was quite hard to respond each time without sounding too cocky or ungrateful. Regardless, I felt a bit delighted. I wasn't entirelly familiar with the feeling of having people admire me. But my entire stay here as a member of the Survey Corps has thought me so many new things all together.

"I wish I was as pretty as you!" Petra said, followed by a giggle.

"Hey, [f/n], I'm not trying to burst your bubble here or anything," Hanji interrupted. "But you have to come with me somehwere. I've wanted to tell you about this for a while now."

"Sure thing." I smiled.

As we were walking, I spotted a certain Captain, whom had a bored face, as usual.

"Oi, Shortie! What do you think about [f/n]'s new outfit?" She asked him.

His eyes looked over me, and after a moment of silence, he replied, "There's not much to look at, besides how repelling it is. I've never seen anyone look any more awful and repulsive. The ugly thing doesn't suit this idiot at all."