22

another filler guys!

but first lemme say thank you so much for all the reads & votes & comments like aaa you mean so much to me :'

be prepared for some drama, my loves :*

You.

Me and Kaneki stopped by a bookshop, since he claimed that he was searching for a book which he was quite a big fan of. Something about a black goat or an egg, and an author that he's proclaimed as his one and only idol. It was great to see how joyful he looked as he described it.

I, too, considered of getting something to read during my free time. My hands would pick up a few books, flip over a few pages, then uninterestingly put it back on the shelves. Nothing appealed much really.

"I found it!" Kaneki cheerfully said. His eyes were glimmering with pure delight as he read through some of the contents.

"Lucky you!" I laughed.

He grew a bit embarrassed for reacting like a little child over something so small. I insisted that it was no big deal, of course. So he then offered to help me find a book that satisfied my taste, to which I agreed.

I hummed as I went over a few mythological works, once again not finding any interest in any of them.

My eyes darted over towards Kaneki as I heard him accidentally drop a book. "Whoops, my bad. I'll pick it up."

My eyes read over the title of the said book, and I couldn't believe what I had just read.

"C-can I see that?" I asked, reaching over to grab it.

"Huh? Sure thing." He passed it over to me.

My eyes examined the title once again, ". . .No way." I breathed in disbelief.

The Unknown Life of Ghouls.

"Oh, do you like that one?" He asked as he took a peek over my shoulder.

I flipped open a random page, and read the few thing my eyes had landed on.

"I didn't know this kind of book exists. . ." I mumbled, mostly to myself.

Kaneki put his hand on his chin, "What exactly are these Ghouls?"

"Huh? Oh, well. . ." My voice trailed off as I proceeded to try and find the author of the book.

"I completely understand if you don't feel like it." He said.

"Yeah." I nodded my head slowly, not really listening to what he was saying. "Wait, what?"

"What's wrong?"

"The author's name is scratched off. Almost as if on purpose." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You could ask that woman sitting by the counter, maybe she can give you an answer." Kaneki suggested.

"Right!" I exclaimed. "Good thinking."

We went up to the woman, and asked her if she had any idea regarding the name of the author that wrote the book I had in my hands.

"Not a clue, miss. I barely even knew we had that kind of book here. Sorry."

"It's alright." I said.

I still bought the book, nonetheless. If Ai couldn't answer my questions, then this will.

*Time Skip*

I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, and glanced to Kaneki. "What do you suggest I get for my friend?"