27

well, hello.

im just going to force you to click the vote button. again.

do it.

i dare you to click it.

yeah, if you did, i give you a full permit to continue reading.

thanks :)))

Third Person

[f/n] used to be one that was up to take on challenges. She needed a thrill, something that would excite her. Now, she couldn't quite say the same. Challenges were one thing, but repulsive mysteries were another. She hated them.

The [h/c] girl was scanning over the crowds of people, searching for the familiar face of her friend, Eren. She was left behind, and could no longer find him.

"Hey, you there. [h/c] girl." An unknown voice called out.

Turning her head towards the direction of the stranger, she took in his messy features, and his relentless facade. His aura was screaming danger all over, and it certainly made her stomach feel strange.

"Do I know you?" She asked.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Don't talk so lightly to me, kid. I'd have your head ripped off into pieces and hanged on a wall, if I could. But that's not what I was instructed to do."

"I beg you're pardon, sir?"

He didn't care about her at all, really. He didn't want to lay out any idle chat between them. Nor to ever even have the requirement to interact with this girl before him in any kind of way. She was small in his eyes; easy to be smashed.

"What a disappointment." He exhaled, running a hand through his dark and messy hair. He was just about to get down to business.

"[f/n] [l/n], isn't it?" his eyes roamed over her body in a bored manner. He couldn't stop wondering of what it was that she had which could make Jason target her specifically. It was none of his business, matter of factly. So he knew he should just let it drop for now and leave it to be figured out sooner or later.

She began to rub her forehead. She couldn't help but feel distressed, and was showing it in an odd way. Laughing helplessly, she could only stare at the ground.

"What's up with the world today?"

"Huh?" He cocked an eyebrow.

"No, no. It's just that I really don't understand a thing that's going on right now, and all of you have just been suddenly appearing into my life, and- wait, don't tell me. . ."

He became a little curious of what she was rambling about.

[f/n] finally glanced up at him, and said, merely a whisper. ". . . Are you a ghoul too?"

She caught up fast enough.

His eyes widened, though only for a split second. "What makes you think so?" He smirked ever so slightly.

[f/n] remained silent, however. A brief moment passed, before she brought herself back to the main question. "How do you know me?"

"Someone wanted to put you on their black list, and conveniently, they asked me to pick you up for them. Sounds fun, doesn't it?" His sarcasm was thick.

===

"[f/n]?" Eren tried to call out for his friend once he realized that they were seperated mid-way. To no avail, he couldn't find her. An idea quickly appeared into his mind.

She must definitely already be at the Headquarters, he thought.

He walked inside the large building to look for [f/n]. Hanji saw his worried expression, and wanted to know what was bothering him. "Is something wrong, Eren?"

He scratched the back of his had, being embarrassed. "I. . . I accidentally lost [f/n] in town."

Hanji tried to stifle a laugh, and bit on her lip profoundly. She couldn't bare hold in her laughter, and finally she let it out hysterically.

Eren's eyes widened in confusion at the fourth squad leader's reaction. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I can't. ." She gasped for air in between her disturbingly loud laughing noise. "I'm just. . . I don't understand why. . . That's such a big deal. . ."

Finally after wiping a tear, she was able to talk casually again.

"That silly [f/n] always gets lost in between there somewhere. She probably saw something interesting- like she always does- and decided to stay behind."

Eren was still slightly dazed by Hanji's earlier antics, but was able to tolerate her statement.

"You're right. Thank you, Hanji-san."

He chose to let it slide, and began to head towards his room. To his dismay, he came across captain Levi mid-way.

"Oi cadet, wasn't [f/n] with you earlier?"

"Ah, captain." He jolted a little at the intense aura surrounding Levi. His eyes were definetely duller, compared to usual. "She's still in town, I suppose."

Levi didn't respond, and walked away, leaving Eren to be relieved that the captain didn't decide to futher intimidate him.

===

The sun was setting down. The sky was turning into a darker shade by the minute, and still no signs of [f/n].

Everyone was supposed to be having dinner, but Eren and his friends could only worry over the absence of their [h/c] haired friend.

The guilt was arousing inside the teenage boy that went with the very same girl to town just earlier that day. He felt as if the entire situation was his fault.

Before they were about to devise a plan, and announce a search party for her, the captain furiously slammed his fists onto the table which Eren was sitting before.

His eyes were filled to the brim with anger and unacceptance, but his heart was falling apart. He was falling apart.

"What happened to her?" His voice was loud enough for everyone in the room to hear.

Eren could only apologize to no ends, and admit his wrongs. Of course, it did not help. It couldn't bring back Levi's precious [f/n].

His worst nightmares; the things he'd feared most about. Right here, right now, they were all being put into play. Just like that, he lost her. He could only have her so close, just for her to be pulled away from him right after, and have his whole world shattered and brought back to zero.

This was it.

This was what his heart was telling him about the entire day. The disaster that was going to take place.

This was definetely it, and nothing could have been worse.

He wished he could only put the blame on the others. Even the first time, in the underground, he knew it was all him. And now, where it should have been easy enough to have him in his grasp, it was all him yet again.

His mistake replayed wildly inside his head. He remembered it so clearly, that he was on the verge of breaking down.

"You could come, if you wish." She said to him.

"No, I'd rather stay here, actually." He said.

If only.

If only he had came along, she would have still been here.

He wanted to bang his head against a solid object, and hurt himself for being the huge idiot he was at the moment.

"Levi, are you there?" Hanji worriedly waved her hand before his eyes.

"I-" He paused, having no idea of what kind of response to give. For one of the first times, he was puzzled. He was so unsure. He was completely lost. Despite all his efforts, he felt cold and empty inside.

Until, he realized something. He realized what he had to do. That It wasn't over just yet.

"I need to find her."