36

short chapter, but hope it's worth the read

. . .

The sound of the blade roughly skidding against the floor resonated across the large room. You understood that Levi had tossed it away for knowing that it would have been rendered useless against you.

Everyone awaited for the moment soon to come, an act of proof that seemed to have been taking it way too far, completely unnecessary, in fact.

"This pathetic little thing could barely 'cause a scrath if to be put against me, while all of you fools are frightened by it? Don't make me laugh," He said darkly, eyes narrowed, perhaps trying to find a way to end all of this madness as fast as he could.

As he raised his fist, your first instinct was to flinch, and slump down in defeat.

"Don't--" You were just about going to warn him, to whisper a single sentence that could warn him not to go to hard on you-- your previous wounds had not fully healed after all, despite having your regenarating abilities, it still meant that healing acquired time. What could've took a human somewhat over a month, would acquire about three weeks for you.

But alas time was such a cruel thing, and you hadn't the slightest of it to mutter up so much as two words, immideately receiving a painful bone-breaking punch that made contact with your stomach, clearly cracking a bit of your rib cage, to which you were left to whimper beneath him. It was beyond torture.

He backed away to let you breath, which you did, gasping for air whilst trying to avoid the tears that threathened to spill out. "Stop. . ." You breathed out amidst your panting, but knew that he hadn't managed to pick it up.

Then a hit made contact with your face, and another, and another. In a while you lost count, various blows coming from every angle. Nothing of it hurt as much as the throbing in your chest, begging for someone to tell you that this was nothing more but a nightmare. Or so you tried to convince yourself, if not for the unbearable pain that crept all over your entire body. Some wounds must have been opened by now, and you could already sense the smell of your own blood. For a moment, you even wondered if he was enjoying it-- A sick thought that made you shocked for even thinking.

No, it's just a nightmare, nothing but a silly dream. The Levi I know would never. . . He'd never dare.

You began to ramble in your head, hoping it could distract you from how much your body was hurting. 

Just a little longer, you could practically hear Ai beg at the back of your head. 

And then, suddenly, you felt nothing. It just. . . stopped. You wanted to look up to see if Levi was still there, but even lifting your head felt like a tremendous chore. You collected all of your remaining effort to slightly glance at the Corporal. His attention was directed towards all of the people watching in fright, while his mouth seemed to move, nothing was heard. Which you were plenty pleased with. You  weren't in the mood of hearing him spit out a bunch of nonsense, anyway.

Your gaze began to focus at your friends, each of them seemed to be in horror of your appearance. It made you wonder just about how twisted you looked; just about how bloodied you were. Your vision began to whirl, getting more and more blury with every blink of your eye.

Even so, you could still see the way Levi turned to you once more, but not his face. God, maybe that was better too. Anything was really, rather than having to see that dark look in his eyes. It disgusted you to no ends.

In an instant, light faded into darkness, and you could only succumb into the unwelcoming hands of unconsciousness.