Chapter 45 : Memoirs

Sheiia

It's been a week since I gave in to what my heart desires. A week has passed since that night at Tagaytay and Ash never contacted me after what happened between us.

After three years, it's still her. No one in this world can make me surrender myself but only her.

I was disturbed by a knock on the door. It's my mother.

"Hey darling. How are you? It seems like you're a little bit distracted since I got here. The anniversary party's tomorrow and we've got the interview with Miss Melendrez. Is there anything wrong?"

Meron Ma. Kasi bumigay na naman ako sa kanya.

I shook my head in response.

"No, Ma. I am just excited for tomorrow's event."

Her brows arched in one line as if she's showing me her doubt.

"Are you sure about that?"

Of course, I smiled at my best and nodded at her. For two years that I stayed with my real mother, I admit that she has a strong mother's instinct.

Mabilis itong umiling at umupo sa upuang nasa harap ng table ko.

"Well, okay. So, how was your interview with her? I feel so proud of you that you're able to do the task despite of the past you shared together, darling."

I tried to avoid her gaze. Baka madulas ako at masabi kong hindi lang interview ang ginawa namin.

"Y-yes Ma. We're both professional so we did it that way. The interview, I mean."

Mabilis kong ininom ang kapeng malamig pa sa bangkay na nasa mesa ko. Halos tatlong oras na ito sa mesa ko at ngayon ko lang naalalang inumin.

Nakita ko namang napataas kilay ulit si Mama.

God forgive me for lying.

"Hm, I'm just here whenever you feel like talking about things that keep on distracting you, okay? Well, if there are, I mean."

Tumango ako sa kanya bilang sagot at sinundan siya ng tanaw papalabas ng pinto.

Nalakumos ko tuloy ang draft ng proposal na dapat kong pirmahan for our next issue. Yes, my team's efficient that they always do plans and proposals much ahead of time.

It's just sad that I think I need to ask for another copy of this draft since the copy on my hand was already crumpled.

I was about to use the intercom to call my secretary pero naunahan na ako ng pagring nito.

"Yes Kelly?"

"Ma'am, a certain Keirah Eunice and Gideon Harris Ricafort are looking for you. They don't have any appointment but they told me that they're your siblings. Will I let them in?"

Napapikit ako ng mata sa narinig. Damn, parang kelan lang si Dad ang andito. Ngayon, sila naman.

I don't think I'm ready.

"Okay. Let them in."

Hinablot ko ang unang document na nahawakan ko at kunwa'y abala ako sa paperworks.

"Sheiia!"

Hindi ako nakahuma nang mabilis akong nilapitan ni Ate Keirah at niyakap. Si Kuya Gid naman ay tahimik lang na nagmamasid sa aming dalawa ni Ate.

"I miss you so much! Why you didn't tell us that you're back? We've been longing for you."

Hindi ako agad sumagot sa sinabi ni Ate. The truth is, they visited me when I was in California with my mother. Many times. Pero hindi ko sila hinarap.