Chapter Twenty One : Birthday

Sheiia

A week has passed at tuluyang nagkalayo sina Pat at Roxanne. I feel sad for what happened between them. It's obvious that they love each other but Pat's just too afraid to take risk and Rox happened to gave up waiting.

Noong una, nagtaka ang buong barkada kung anong nangyari sa dalawa since Pat never gave any comment. Madalas na din silang mag-away ni Ralf kaya magulo ang barkada ngayon. Matthew has been keeping his distance to me as well. Pero maganda pa rin naman ang pakikitungo nito sa akin.

Next Friday's the birthday of Prof kaya andito kami ni Vera ngayon sa SM MOA to find a gift for her. Damn, wala akong maisip na regalo kay Prof.

If you'll ask me about us, we're doing good. Madalas akong isip bata and she's always the considerate one. I promise to myself na hindi ako patatalo sa pagka-immature ko but I always fail in that promise.

"Damn, I'm so tired pero wala ka pa ring nabili Sheiia! Can we just take a break nalang muna? Oh wait, Starbucks muna tayo."

And she didn't wait for my response and just dragged me inside the coffee shop. I let her do the order as I sit down on the vacant table inside that shop. I was browsing the internet trying to find some ideas of what gift should I be giving to my girlfriend when I heard someone called my name.

"Sheiia?"

Dahan-dahan akong napaangat ng tingin para kilalanin ang nagsalita.

"So it's you. How are you, slut?" This is the first time our paths crossed after three years. In front of me is no other than my former bestfriend, Jessica.

I looked at her from head to toe. Kung ako ang dating Sheiia ay malamang yumuko na ako sa sobrang hiya. But I'm not the old me anymore. I know my worth now.

Based on her appearance, she seemed pregnant. Gone were the friendly smiles and gestures of my former bestfriend. Instead, it was replaced by her evil smile and insults.

"Hi Jessica. So you're pregnant."

She smiled at me and looked at me from head to toe. "Obvious, right? How about you, nakailang lalaki ka na?"

Her voice was so deadly as well as her glares. Hindi ko alam kung bakit pagkatapos ng nangyaring iyon ay biglang sumama ang pakikitungo sa akin ni Jessica. She's the last person I expected to be mean to me. Dapat nga, siya pa ang witness na wala akong masamang pakay sa pagpunta sa condo ni Kuya Lance.

I smiled at her and put down my phone on the table. "Sorry Jes. I haven't tried that one. You know, the same old pure me as what you always say. Buti ka nga, naunahan mo na ako agad. Don't worry, babalitaan kita pag meron na ako."

Gumuhit ang galit sa mukha nito. Akmang magsasalita pa sana ito nang dumating si Vera.

"Hey, what's happening here?" Nakakunot ang noong pinatong ni Vera ang mga kape sa mesa.

Jessica smiled at her in an evil way. "You're friends with this slut?"

Exaggerated na tumaas ang kilay ni Vera at napatingin sa akin. "Really, you're a slut Sheiia? Well, if that's the case, this woman's a whore. Suits her best. Right?"

Lihim akong napangiti sa ginawa ni Vera. Always trust this woman in bitching. Hindi pa nakasagot si Jessica ay humirit pa ulit si Vera.

"Oh, is that a Hermes bag?" Tinuro nito ang bag na hawak ni Jessica. Jessica's about to smile nang dugtungan ni Vera ang sinabi nito. "Uh, nevermind. It's too obvious that it's fake. If you need a signatured bag, just tell me. I'll lend you some of my unused bags at home."