Chapter 33 : Mate

Sheiia

I woke up feeling so happy. Why? Because I'm happy! May isang student na takot pala sa dilim tapos wala pang kasama sa tent kaya no choice si Prof. Elise kundi samahan ito. Ending? Si Ash lang mag-isa sa tent.

Of course, it's something that I should be celebrating about. Isa pa, wala akong natanggap ulit na threats. Vera said that Aldrin tried to call once pero hindi na naulit pa.

The whole day was spent with different activities. May mga activities pa nga in groups na naka blindfold kami. This is for us to trust our groupmates. Parang pag nasa business world na daw kami, we need to trust our officemates. Meron din individual guessing games and many more.

It was past four and last game na iyon. It's like a treasure hunter game. May pinapahanap saming isang bagay with the use of clues. Of course, kelangan naming maglakad.

Palawan is really beautiful. Napatunayan ko yun sa paglalakad ko. Lakad, lakad, lakad. Hanggang sa-

Oh shit! Nawawala ako!

Bigla ang pagsalakay ng takot sa dibdib ko pero naalala ko si Ash.

Don't be afraid.

Tama. Hindi dapat ako matakot. Hindi dapat. Naglakad-lakad pa ako. Trying to find the right path towards our camping site. I've been walking for almost two hours pero hindi ko na alam kung nasaan ako.

God, help me please.

Gusto kong maiyak. Actually, naiiyak na nga ako. Kung bakit ba kasi ang tanga-tanga ko! Hindi ko napansin na napalayo na ako.

Napapikit ako at napahikbi sa sobrang takot. Shit, gusto kong maging matapang pero paano? I'm in a fucking forest with no one else and no light! Oo, madilim na. Wala akong flashlight. Wala akong cellphone. As in wala! I hoplelessly kneeled down the ground.

Ash.. Ash. Ash, I need you now. Please come and save me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ash

I looked at my wristwatch given to me by my girlfriend. It's already five and the afternoon activity is almost over.

Damn, everytime I check the time all I could think is you, Lerise. You've totally bewitched me.

I still remember that day her Dad saw me in their house. That eyes. That look. I could never forget the aversion he has on me. I could not blame him.

How would you react if you'll know that your thirteen year old daughter was being stalked by a woman who also likes a woman? You would feel disgusted, maybe.

Yes. I've been stalking Lerise since the first time I saw her. No one knows, even Harris. I spent time looking at her from afar. Before she go to school, after her classes and even before she go to bed. I was just inside my car the whole time I'm following her. I feel like a psycho stalker that time I even took stolen pictures of her!

At first, I never thought of anything serious with regards to my feelings when she's involved. I just thought it's just some kind of admiration since she's so pretty. But as the days passes by, I realized everything's out of my control. I became cold to my girlfriend, Elise. I even took her for granted. It felt like Lerise has become my greatest addiction.

It went on for months. I got tired of pretending, I made ways for Elise to let me go. But she didn't. Until Elise and Maxine happened. I was angry and I felt betrayed, but I also blamed myself since I know that it's entirely my fault why Elise was able to do that. Because I pushed her to. Because I fell out of love. Because I love the thirteen year old Lerise Ricafort.