Chapter 43 : Hearken Back

Ash

I was in Heather's condominium. I was really planning to spend the night here since I was so stressed at work and I want to relax a bit.

Stress from work? Really.

Then an image of a woman suddenly flashed on my mind. She's smiling at me and it looks so real.

Damn. I shook my head to erase that thought.

"Are you alright, baby?"

It was Heather who's lying on the bed beside me. I looked at her and felt this awkwardness inside. I always have this awkward feeling everytime she calls me baby.

I looked at her and smiled.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

She looked at me and bended her head to meet my lips. Of course, I kissed her back with equal passion. The kissed went deeper and I felt her climbed on my top.

She started to remove my sando top in a slow manner. Because I was so engrossed with the kiss, I didn't notice she was almost halfway in undressing me. I just realized that my sando top was getting up my chest when I felt the coldness coming from the airconditioner.

Mabilis ko siyang pinigilan.

"Heather.."

And of course, she frowned and arched her brows in one line just like what she always do everytime I stop her from engaging ourselves to sex.

Sex. What a word.

The last time I used the word sex was nine years ago..

"Really, Ash? Don't you have any plans of doing me?"

Irritation is very evident on Heather's voice, which I should be used to since this is not the first time that this happened.

Everytime na nagtatangka siyang gumawa ng paraan para may mangyari sa amin ay agad kong napipigilan. The last woman I made love with is Lerise.

Lerise.

Napapikit ako ng mata sa pangalang pumasok sa isipan ko.

"Is this still about her?"

I can hear a bit of jealousy from Heather's voice. I looked at her and kissed her on the lips, trying my best to erase all the thoughts on her mind about Lerise.

Our kiss was interrupted by the ringing of my phone. I ended the kiss and got hold of my phone at the table. It was Vera.

Damn, this should be important.

"Vera?!"

She let out a chuckle on the other line. Oftentimes, I don't know to read this brat's mind. Andami niya kasing alam.

"Ate. Guess who's my visitor and will spend the night here."

Fuck.

It felt like a lighting strucked my mind and I hurriedly ended the call and got up on the bed. I saw the confusion on Heather's eyes.

"I'm sorry, hon. There's an emergency at home. I need to go. You sleep well, okay?"

I kissed her on the lips and went outside her condominium without waiting for her to say something.

Damn, I feel like a madman driving this crazy car of mine. Ni hindi ko alam kung bakit ako nagmamadali. In the first place, I don't even know why I decided to go home. Agad agad.

You're stupid Ash.

Am I really stupid?

No. I just don't want her near my room. That's all.