Chapter Six : Friends

A/N:

Sabi niya, maiksi daw yung updates ko. Sige, try ko pahabain to ngayon. Haha. Lol. 😁

***************************

Sheiia

Today is my second week in school and nothing has changed. I remained aloof towards other people. Many people assumed that I'm a snob and a bitch based on the stories I heard. Kung ano-anong masasamang kwento tungkol sa akin ang naririnig ko. I decided to ignore what they are saying towards me since it will not do good if I'll defend myself. After all, this is what I really wanted. Ang layuan ako ng mga tao.

Pain is unstoppable, so unbearable
You just find yourself in the corner
Weeping for unknown
How can you forget if you can't forgive?
How can you forgive
If forgiveness is not being asked?

Krrrriiinnngggg!!!!

I was so preoccupied with what I'm doing I didn't notice the class is over. This is one of my ways in escaping reality, writing poems and everything I could ever think of. Dahil din dito, pansamantala kong nakakalimutan ang mga isiping bumabagabag sa akin. Si Daddy. Si Ate. Si Prof. Damn, nasali pa talaga si Prof.

Nagtayuan ang mga kaklase ko kaya nag-umpisa na rin akong ligpitin ang aking mga gamit. I was about to leave the room when Brix, one of my classmate, stood up in front of me with an evil smile on his face. Evil kasi maloko ang mga ngisi niya.

"Care to go out on a lunch with me, Sheiia?" Nagulat ako sa tanong na iyon.  Higit sa lahat, si Brix ang hindi ko inaasahang mag-aaya sa akin for lunch. Alam ko naman na pangit ang impresyon ng mga tao sa akin kaya wala akong makitang dahilan para pagtuunan ako ng pansin ng isang katulad ni Brix.

Actually, nothing is wrong with Brix, it's just that I don't like his aura and too much confidence. He's too full of himself and he keeps on bragging about all the wealth of his father. I was about to say no, but cat got my tongue when I saw his fierce expression that serves as an indirect way of telling me that he doesn't take no for an amswer.

"Sorry, but she can't cause she's going with me, Brix." It was Vera who suddenly came in between and tightly held me in my arms. I can't remember any instances that I agreed going out with her again, but upon seeing her eyes that tells me to play along, I decided to nod in response.

"Ah yeah. Sorry Brix, si Vera kasi lagi kong kasabay kumain e. Pasensya ka na, Brix."

Tiningnan lang ni Brix ng matalim si Vera
In return, Vera raised her eyebrows showing off her arrogance towards Brix. Tipong ayaw patalo ni Vera sa lalaki.

"Well, okay. But I hope you'll be able to come with me next time." At tumalikod na ang lalaki nang hindi manlang nagpapaalam sa aming dalawa. Nakahinga naman ako ng maluwag, akala ko mapapasama ako ng di-oras may Brix. Thanks to Vera.

"You owe me a lunch, Sheiia. Let's go!" She's grinning from ear to ear and left me no choice but to go with her. After all, utang na loob ko naman sa kanya ang kanina.

We went to the same establishment where we had our first lunch together. This will be my second time to eat in The Old Spaghetti House.

"Thank you sa ginawa mo kanina, Vera. Hindi ko kasi alam ang gagawin ko kay Brix. Matagal ko na kasing napapansin na ang sama ng tingin niya sa akin parati. " Hinintay ko na muna na dumating ang inorder namin bago ako nagpasalamat kay Vera.

"No biggie. Isa pa, I know the reason behind that invitation of Brix. I overheard him one time, with his friend Alvin, that they have this bet if Brix will be able to take you out on a lunch within this week. Actually, Brix has been my constant friend-enemy since elementary so it's no sweat." I'm starting to admire Vera's confidence. She always has this aura that'll make you intimidated, especially the way she stand firm to what she say and what she believe.