Chapter 42 : Just Like A Fool

Sheiia

"So, how did it go?"

I was in Starbucks at SM MOA with Maxine. She's asking what happened to my meet up with Ash yesterday.

She's no longer my Ashley.

"I don't think it went well. She wants to set her own rules with this interview. It seems like she won't go easy to our invitation."

Max looked at me with suspicion. Of course, I tried so hard to act like I'm cool and fine regardless of the pain I have inside me.

"I'm not talking about that. I'm asking about, how do you feel."

I tried to avoid her gaze. I don't want her to read my emotions again. She's been doing it everytime we're together and she's asking about Ash.

I heaved out a sigh.

"I saw her girlfriend."

She stopped sipping her coffee and looked at me profoundly. She looked like she wants to know more without asking.

"She's beautiful. They looked so perfect together."

I tried my hardest not to sound bitter. Not to sound jealous. Because deep inside me, I really am.

I tried my best to convince myself that everything's in place and I am alright, but it's so hard to pretend that nothing's wrong and I'm not hurting. Because, fuck. I am so broken. I am in pieces. I am lost.

"Heather? Yeah, they looked good together. But i'm not convince that Ash loves her the way she loved you."

Loved.

Yes. Past tense kasi tapos na. Nangyari na. Past na. Hindi na mauulit pa. Kasi pinili ko ito. Kasi mas pinili kong iwan siya.

"It doesn't matter Max. All I wanted from her is just the interview and nothing else. Ayoko na ring guluhin pa ang buhay niya."

Pinipilit kong paniwalain ang sarili ko na tama ang ginawa ko kasi alam kong masaya na si Ash ngayon.

Mas masaya pa kesa sa ako ang kasama niya noon.

"Well, no comment on that."

At saka kumindat pa ito sa akin. Tatampalin ko sana ang balikat nito nang may mamataan akong pamilyar na pigurang papalapit sa amin. Max looked so surprised as well.

The woman hurriedly rushed towards us and gave me a mind blowing slap. Yes, sinampal ako ni Vera.

I was stunned na kahit si Maxine natulala din sa ginawa ni Vera Suarez. She's alone and she got shopping bags on her one hand.

Hindi paman ako nakapagsalita ay agad na niya akong iyakap. I saw her cried, too.

"Fuck you, Sheiia. Damn, I missed you so much. Why did it took you three years to come back?!!"

I can hear that she's sobbing. Ramdam ko ding umaalog ang mga balikat nito sa pag-iyak.

I felt relieved, though. Akala ko galit na galit si Vera. Ang lakas ba naman ng pagkakasampal niya sa akin. Well, siguro hindi na rin ako dapat magulat pa kung after ng sampal ay yakap at iyakan.

She's Vera Suarez. The one and only.

"I'm sorry Veh. I know it's super late, but I still want to apologize."

Tahimik lang si Max nang umupo si Vera sa gitna naming dalawa.

"I hate you! But I can't deny the fact that I'm so happy to see you again."