Level 08:\First Day -First True Monster Kill-

April 21st, 2014.

The day after NOAH Online's phenomenal commercial launch, approximately 545,000 players worldwide started their online adventures in the first world of the NOAH Universe.

OFFLINE:\Philippines\Makati City\Tejeros BLISS Garden>

Ren worked at Manang Abe's bakery for the whole morning as one of the replacement bakers and her bakery's street vendor with Ynes. Around 4 in the afternoon, Ren sat at his gunmetal black desktop computer and inserted his copy of NOAH Online onto his disc drive. Hope my computer can run this game!

NOAH Online's splash screen appeared over his desktop screen and clicked on the System Test button. He heard a smooth whirring noise from his system unit as his screen showed an in-game cutscene.

A large fleet of ships approached the humongous colorful planet at a snail's pace. Eleven moons circled around the hulking world like a slower merry go round, bound with pulsating smoke-like lines.

Ren widened his eyes, "Shut up and lemme play the game!"

He watched the cutscene further until his screen showed the launching ships in a skippy manner. Oh noes, my computer's too old for this.

His computer ran slow at the moment of a massive fleet of ships approached a giant Earth-like moon around the mysterious planet.

He heard a young man's voice from his computer's speakers, "Suggestion: Skip the cutscenes when you can. Before you play NOAH, plase switch the game's graphic settings to the lowest possible setting. Last and the best resort will be..."

Ren rubbed his chin, "How come someone's speaking to me like it was a call through Cloudtalk!" 

He heard the young man's voice again, "Upgrade your video card!"

He fell off from his chair and saw his computer popped out dialog boxes and it adjusted many options and sliders. "You may now play NOAH under these settings!" and the system test program ended itself with a wide view of the rainbow planet and its eleven colorful moons.

OFFLINE:\Philippines\Quezon City\Kanlaon Mansions>

Henry, his siblings, Christina, and Orion opened a wide sliding trapdoor resembled white marble tiles. Upon opening, an illuminated flight of stairs led them to the family's hidden facility.

Iris laughed in a sudden way, "Wow, dad! How did we have this under our house?"

Orion brushed his long fringe leftward, "It's a secret, way before I married your mother"

The Kanlaon family descended at a slow pace. Neon lights under metal steps and few wall-mounted faint work lights guided their way to the underground. Henry observed a pillar of tall glowing cabinets surrounded by the staircases they're onto.

His eyes blinked as fast as the towering column of server cabinets' flickering lights, This place is a sci-fi set! This place is a sci-fi set! I hope I'm not dreaming that papa had this place built over our house! and pushed his eyeglasses up

The family descended further until they reached a high-end gunmetal gray hall populated by a group of young professionals dressed like cosplayers from many anime conventions.

"Boss, NOAH has surpassed our expectations!" a youthful young adult employee said to Orion as he heard his boss' family's descending steps.

Henry donned a radiant smile, Just as I expected, pops! We'll always find ways!