Level 06:\Connection -Newbie-

OFFLINE:\Philippines\Pasay City\Bayanihan Clamshell Giga-Mall>

A mass of people roared in joy after Orion's empowering speech about his ambitious online game project. Ren scratched his head, What? This new game lets us create new items? My brain's full of flakes that all I have to do is just shoot down peeps in the game.

Ynes patted Ren's shoulder, "Is there a problem, Ren?"

Ren nodded, "Yeah, I don't remember any game with this feature well"

"Unless you've heard about Gun-Crazy, Rene-boy" Ynes hugged Ren sideways.

"That shooter with burly men and ridiculous-looking guns?"

"You got it, Rene-boy!" 

The two ended up talking about another shooting game while the rest of the crowd listened to Hatsumi's dance pop performance.

After the flashy NOAH launch event, the crowd fell in line and availed free copies of the NOAH Online game disc. They giggled and exchanged their day-one in-game plans while the costumed staff retained their smile. Ren and Ynes approached Henry and asked for their copy of the game. Henry gave them their signed copies of the game and he asked Ren,

"Wait, are you RenDerringer in Call of the Battlefield?"

Ren nodded and Henry brought out a typewriting paper-sized artwork, "Mind if I ask for an autograph?"

"You must be the son of Orion, right?" Ren asked.

Henry nodded fast, "Yes, I'm Henry and nice meeting you too, Ren" 

Ren borrowed Henry's marker and signed at the bottom of the character art on paper. He handed over the signed drawing back to Henry. Wow, I can't believe that the game developer's son was one of my fans.

"Honestly, I found the whole tournament a disaster as your rival apparently had a spotter outside the booths" Henry bit a small chunk of his chocolate chip granola bar.

Ren lowered his head, My suspicions are right! Derek did really cheated us in the tourney.

Henry crossed his arms, "However, you guys are also doomed for that matter"

Ren stepped back, "Why? Did you even watch the battle?"

"Yes, I did. Your team camped in the marketplace, in hopes of scoring ambush kills. However, your rivals got around your spots and pawned you from behind"

Ren's eyes widened and gaped at the game developer's son, "No way, man. No way..."

The disheartened pro-gamer tried to jab Henry's face until Ynes held his right arm, "Ren, you don't have to do this!"

Henry hugged Ren down until he regained his cool. Henry whispered, "Calm down. It's not always good to be complacent, everything changes. I repeat, everything changes"

OFFLINE:\Philippines\Makati City\Tejeros Bliss Garden>

The Velarde family resided on the 3rd floor of Building 5 tenement, which was 20 minutes away from their former residence by walking.

Derek's beige-walled concrete flat expelled an aroma of fried daing na bangus as Derek put two pieces of divided & marinated milkfish on his oiled frying pan. The heated oil sizzled as the milkfish meat submerged into the frying pan.

Ren, I hope you' understand why did I cheat. I know you've moved on from this favorite game of ours but I hope you'll never forget to forgive me.