Level 05:\Connection -New World Annunciation-

OFFLINE:\Philippines\Makati City\Tejeros BLISS Garden>

Ren peeked at the window and saw the twin-tailed girl chattered with three young boys by the aged cyan walls. 

She looked tough but friendly after all, unless she's hiding something like Derek?

He heard his mom knocking on the door then he helped her get the grocery from the tricycle. While they brought grocery-filled handwoven bags back to their flat, Ynes glanced at Ren as they got upstairs, "I love you, new neighbor! You're so diligent!"

"Did you hear that, son?" Desiree asked.

"Yeah, and I think she likes me" Ren giggled. 

His mother peeked at him, "Don't even think about getting a girlfriend yet, Ren"

Ren bobbed his head, "Okay, mom"

Ynes, his new neighbor, felt giddy as she saw a diligent youngster of her age. "I want that kind of boyfriend!" she screamed at the sky.

OFFLINE:\Philippines\Makati City\Makati Medical Center>

Derek and his father took a peek at the glass window. People in green clothing held sharp instruments and began his mom's surgery. As they watched the surgery, Derek's cellphone rang twice in his pants' pocket. The phone informed him about two new text message from two unidentified numbers. He read the first message,

[ DerekHit and the Valenzuela Valiants, you are hereby banned from competing in any video game organized by the Philippine E-Sports for 2 years. In light of your team's disqualification, one of our sponsors shouldered your team's ill-deserved winnings. DO NOT REPLY ]

Derek lowered his head and leaned on the wall, "Pops, I won't be able to compete anymore!"

Derek's fat daddy cast a disappointed look at his son, "Because to begin with, you guys could have done a good fight with your best friend's team. Now, someone had to pay it for you guys"

He stood close to Derek, "The end doesn't justify the means, son. Sure, mom gets a new face but the way you made it happen, is terribly wrong. You risked your friendship, your team's reputation, and also our family's reputation too"

"I understand now, dad..." Derek checked the second text message,

[ Hey D-head! You better cough up the dough before my pals cough up blood tonight! ]

"Franzen?" Derek said as he lowered his phone.

"Son, what's wrong?" Derek's dad asked.

"The guy who helped me cheat wanted his share or else he'll beat us, dad" Derek sighed, "It's Franzen, I gave him my account in order for his hacks to work in the tournament, dad"

"That means, you are pretty much screwed them, son. I suggest that you have to close your account and move on. Those kinds of games began to overrule your life, son"

Four months after the Call of the Battlefield tournament fiasco...

Ren and Derek moved on with their lives without contact. Ren spent his formerly-pro gaming time for his studies, and sold Manang Abe's bread along with Ynes all over the compound. Derek on the other hand, continued his studies while playing Call of the Battlefield in spite of his tainted reputation as a pro-gamer.

They graduated from 6th Grade with Ren as one of the honorable mentions in their school. He became an inspiration to his classmates and to other gamers in school.