Ch 10) The Chunin Exams Begin

Zacznij od początku

"That's very interesting, indeed." The old man began to contemplate the implications of info that Kakashi had shared with him.

"Because of this, I decided to train them a little. We figured it would take at least a week for Zabuza to fully heal. Naruto took over for me, while I recuperated." Kakashi chuckled at the memory. "He became somewhat of a slave driver, pushing Sakura to the brink of exhaustion."

"Why did he do that?"

"He was trying to enhance Sakura's Chakra reserves, since they were abysmally small," Kakashi explains, with a little disappointment showing on his face. The girl probably only ever trained during school.

" What happened next?" The Hokage was thinking the same thing about Sakura.

"Naruto continued to train them for the following week. It was actually pretty amusing. He wanted them to work on their teamwork. So he had them fight him, using only one kunai knife in each hand. He was trying to antagonize them into fighting. He was baiting Sakura more than Sasuke because she didn't think Naruto could handle fighting both of them at the same time. To make it even better, he infuriated them by wrapping his head-band around his eyes, so he couldn't see. Still, he easily defeated them. After a week, I had Naruto stay at Tazuna's to recuperate from his training. I think he was doing some training by himself. It's the only thing that makes any sense. Why else would he be so tired?"

"Most likely. I've had some anbu watch him while he trains. Of course, he easily sensed them, but it didn't bother him. So he let them stay. They always come back telling me that the training he does is intense, and that it is no surprise that he is as strong as he is because of it," Sarutobi informs.

"What does he do exactly? If you don't mind my asking."

"I don't know. He never tells me anything, and I've respected that he asked the anbu to not tell me anything either. I once tried looking in the crystal ball to find out, but somehow, Naruto has blocked it. I can't see anything he does," the Hokage answers.

"Well that's a surprise. Anyway back to the story. So we left Tazuna's house to oversee construction of the bridge. When we got there, it was like a scene from a nightmare. There were dead bodies everywhere and blood stains all over the place," Kakashi pauses in order to gauge Hiruzen's reaction.

"Oh my! That's terrible." Sarutobi is saddened by the new information.

"Then everything just got way worse. Zabuza showed up and created 10 water clones and surrounded us. Thanks to Naruto's training, Sasuke was able to take them out easily. Then the Hunter-Nin stood forward to fight him. Their fight had a shaky start. The ninja used the puddles created by the clones, as a medium for her water jutsu, Water style: flying water needles. Sasuke could only run from the enemy's attack. The kid eventually got the upper hand and was able to fight back. When we thought the fight was progressing in our favor, the Ninja did a Jutsu that I'd never seen before. It had caused Sasuke to be trapped in a dome of mirrors. Turns out, the kid had a Kekkei genkai, just like Sasuke. I couldn't get Sasuke out, because if I tried, Zabuza would have killed Tazuna. At that moment, Naruto showed up, obliterated the jutsu saving Sasuke, and defeated the Ninja, who we now knew as Haku. This is when everything went from worse to terrible." The Jonin started glaring at the ground. It was like the wood had personally wronged him. "Feeling that she no longer had a purpose if she couldn't protect Zabuza, Haku asked Naruto to kill her. He tried to convince her otherwise, but it didn't work. Naruto jabbed a kunai into her heart, killing her instantly. We found out that Haku was fighting a clone the entire time. Before anyone could even blink, Naruto appeared in front of Zabuza, chained him up and slit his throat." Kakashi let out a grimace at the painful memory. "I asked Naruto if he was ok after doing that, and he told me, he didn't want to talk about it. At that moment, Gato decided to show up with about 200 men, intent on taking us out. Gato kicked Haku's corpse. Furious with the disrespect of the girl's dead body, Naruto went into this rage." He paused for a moment, and looked up at the old man's face. It was clear that the Hokage was already greatly disturbed by the story. He wasn't sure how Hiruzen was going to react to the next thing that he told him. The Jonin could only hope that it was not too bad. "He ended up killing all 200 of Gato's men, and somewhere in the fury, Naruto's eyes changed to a dark crimson red with black slits. Gato begged for his life, but it was ultimately pointless. Naruto shoved his hand through his chest, crushing his heart outside of his body. Once again, I asked if he was ok, and he told me he didn't want to talk about it. Then he created more clones, cleaned up the bridge, and completed it in flash. Finally, he left without a word to anyone back to Konoha." Kakashi finally took a breath to calm his thoughts, while he waited for His Hokage's response.