Chapter One

"Doh..Ray..Mi..." I sang into my mirror.    I had an audition today. "A very Potter Musical". I wasn't hopeful but it was worth a shot.
I attended the University of Michigan studying History and Spanish, I was only two months into my first semester. I admit that these first few months haven't been easy, I'm pretty far from my home in Boston and I haven't had much luck finding friends. I mean I haven't been completely lonely, I have a few friends from my class but I always felt that I was crashing their own cliques.

So when I saw the flier, I saw this as an opportunity to make some friends and have a bit of fun too. I checked my phone and unplugged it from the charger.

1.51 pm.

"Perfect" I sighed. The theatre wasn't too far from here so it would only be a five minute walk from my dorm. I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door locking it behind me. 

I walked along the path, silently singing a tune. I was planning on singing 'If I were a boy' by Beyonce. I kept singing under my breath and before I knew it, I was at the theatre. I took a deep breath before I pushed open the door I walked into the main stage and looked around. 

There was at least 30 people sitting down. There was a girl standing on the stage singing a song that I never heard before. She was really good, this only made me more nervous. I had nothing against her.

I gave my name to some guy, I felt bed that I didn't know their names but hopefully if I got a part I would learn them all. I sat down in one of the back seats away from the crowd and took my phone out. I opened up a game and started playing.

I suddenly heard my name being called "Ella Harris to the stage!". Everyone looked around. I stood up. I heard whispers as I walked down to the stage "Who's Ella?". "Is she new?". "I've never seen her before".
I stood centre stage and introduced myself "Hi Everyone" I said nervously "I'm Ella".
"Okay Ella, good to see some fresh faces" One of them said. "So what will you be singing for us today?" One guy with long, dark curly hair spoke. 
"If I were a boy by Beyonce". "Oh my god" the curly haired boy exclaimed "I'm obsessed with that song". He stared at me grinning.

I coughed, took a deep breath and began to sing..

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Authors note:

So as you can probably tell this isn't going to be the best fanfic but it might be a fun read for lovers of all things starkid :) I will do longer chapters and if you have any feedback or guesses on how this thing should go I am more than happy to listen to everyone's ideas :)x