Chapter Seventeen

I ran to the street and pulled over a cab. I hopped inside and told him where to go. When we arrived in paid him and got out of the car.
I was at the building where joey and I had our first kiss.
I climbed the firescape and eventually got to the top of the building.
I saw joey sitting on the edge.
I came up behind him, he was still wearing his costume. Just as I was about to speak joey started talking.
"Save it ella. You have Darren go to him".
"I don't want Darren! I want you!".
"Why would you kiss him then if you had me?".
"It wasn't intended, it just happened,  I couldn't tell you, I didn't want to loose you..".
"Well good job".
"And when you were with Jessica, I just was so worried that you were cheating on me and I couldn't tell you because I didn't want you to feel the same".
"I would never cheat on you Ella,  Jessica tried to make a pass at me several times, but Ella I couldn't do it, and I thought you couldn't do it either".
"I don't know what came over me Joey, it all happened so fast".

He stayed quiet.
"Maybe I should leave" I sighed turning away.
"Maybe you should".

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I walked away, I started rushing down the firescape. Half way down I tripped on a step and fell forward, I felt myself falling, and falling.

My head was spinning. I saw bright lights and blurry faces standing over me.
My mind was hazy and it was like everything was in slow motion. Some was taalking to me, but i couldnt hear a thing, A load ringing sound bounced around my ears. I closed my eyes tight. My body was numb. I had no clue what was happening.

~•~•~•~•~•
Joeys pov
~•~•~•~•~•

I sat on the edge, a tear rolling down my face. "Why wasn't I good enough for her? What's wrong with me?".
She had just left, I heard her run down the firescape. Then suddenly I heard a shriek.
"Ella!" I gasped, I ran to the firescape rushing down the stairs. I looked over the edge and saw her body lying there, still.
"Oh shit,shit!" I screamed running down. A small crowd had gathered. Some were in shock and others were on the phone calling the emergency services.
I pushed through the crowd until I got to Ella. 
"Oh my god Ella, this is all my fault" I said.
She blinked.
The ambulances quickly arrived. I tried to talk to Ella to keep her awake.
"Ella, come on stay with me. I'm here okay".
The paramedics put Ella on a stretcher. I hopped into the ambulance with her, never letting go of her hand.

I waited anxiously at the hospital, as I was sitting in the waiting room, Ellas family appeared. Her mum came beside me and hugged me.
"Joey dear are you okay? Is there any word d from the doctors".
"No" I replied quietly.
"What even happened" Ellas Dad asked concerned.
I tried to answer "She.. ahh.. I'm sorry this is all my fault" I stood up tears streaming down my face, I couldn't deal with it all, this was all my fault.  All my fault.