Skyscraper

CHAPTER79

Demi's POV 

            Today's the day. The first show on my 'Unbroken' tour. Nick had decided to stay for my show and leave late in the night for New York. I didn't fight him on it, because I don't want him to leave. Mac was just as fascinated on the flight back to L.A. as she was to Texas. Eventually, she fell asleep cuddled into  Nick on his lap, since he had the window seat. After a while, I took, snuggled into Nick's shoulder and fell asleep with his arm around me, listening to the slow steady beating of his heart. When I woke up, he was looking down at me. I smiled, and stretched, "Hey babe." I reached my head up and kissed his jawline. He smiled, "Hey Dems." I could tell he had only woken up a few minutes before me, because his voice was still husky, I rested my head on his chest and his hand drew patterns on my back. With Mac sleeping in his arms, we looked like the perfect family, and in this moment, I felt like everything in my life is exactly how it should be... perfect. 

~*~

            I heard the buzzing of the stage, and cheers from the audience filled the air, "DEMI! DEMI! DEMI! DEMI! DEMI!" They chanted over and over again. That familiar feeling in my stomach was growing. A mix of nerves, adrenaline, excitement, and pure happiness. This is where I belong. All of the hardwork, dedication, and energy put into this tour, had led up to this moment. The moment where I step onstage, as an artist, a performer, and an inspiration. I finally feel like a role model. Someone i'd want my kids to look up to, and I am SO proud of that. I stood there, with a microphone in my hand, waiting to be lifted up to the stage, in awe of everything that i'd accomplished this year. Suddenly, the music started, and the lift moved under me, bring me up to my fans, to my dream. I lifted the Mic to my mouth. 

"I love the way you're talkin." 

~*~

              I sat on the piano bench on the stage, in awe of everything in front of me. The crowd was screaming their heads off, some people were even crying, which blows my mind. "Some of you, in this audience, are struggling." The screams died down as I spoke, "Whether it's friends, school, home... depression, anxiety, substance abuse, and eating disorder, or even self-harm." My voice cracked as I thought of Maddie. "I want you to know that even though you think that there is a darkness in your life that you can't escape, that there is no purpose to life and you have no reason to live. Some of you think that there is no hope for you. But you know what? You're wrong. If you think that you can't get through this struggle, You're wrong. If you think that there is no hope, and you don't have a reason to live, You're wrong. And you know why you're wrong? Because I am living proof that you can get through this, it's not going to be easy, but you can save your life. No matter how far you've gone, you can get back on track. If you think that there is no reason to live, there is. You may not have found your live's purpose in this world, but I can guarantee you that there is a plan for you. And if you don't have any hope, or you feel upset, or want to harm yourself, I want you to listen to the song i'm about the sing. Because in my darkest times it gives me hope. But before I sing this I want to let you know what else you're wrong about. Some of you think that no one loves you, and that breaks my heart, because even though i'm not there to say it to you everyday in person, I. Love. You. More than anything, because you guys saved my life, and for that I am forever grateful." With that, I turned to the piano and began to play the opening chords, "This song is called Skyscraper, and it's dedicated my beautiful Lovatics." 

Skies are crying. I am watching, catching teardrops in my hands. 

Only silence has it;s ending, like we never had a chance,