We're flying!

CHAPTER 74

Demi's POV  

          "I don't want to leave you" I whispered to Nick, as we sat in the back of an escalade. We're at the airport, Mac and I are flying down to Texas to see family along with tour preparations. My 'Stay Strong' documentary is being filmed, so Nick and I had almost no alone time, we had decided not to tell the world about us just yet. To be honest, tour seemed like the most awesome thing EVER... Six months ago. But now tthat i'm here? About to embark on the 'Unbroken' tour, i'm absolutely terrified. Last time I went on tour, I didn't come back. I went straight to a treatment center. This tour is like facing my fears, I'm not completely fixed, I'm still a work in progress. I have good days and bad days.. and I have really really bad days. Yet Nick and Mac are always there to help me. 

             Nick leaned his forehead against mine, breaking me from my thoughts. "You're not really leaving me." He pressed his lips to the tip of my nose, almost a tradition now. "I'll always be with you. Just a phone call away." Max opened the door, careful to shield us from any fans or paparazzi. "Demi. Two minutes." I nodded, and turned back towards Nick, not wasting a moment as I pulled his face towards mine. How am I supposed to last a month without this boy is a mystery to me. I couldn't even last a minute without him. Nick's tongue slid across my bottom lip, begging for entrance. Which I automatically granted. We battled for dominance and, as usual, he won. He bit down on my lower lip, drawing a slight whimper from me, He chuckled, and pulled his head away. Using his hands to gently restrain my face as I leaned forward, trying to capture this moment for as long as I could. Nick's eyes sparkled just like the first time we kissed, "I'm gonna miss you Dems." He whispered, I hugged him, blinking back tears, "I'm gonna miss you too Jerry." 

                 I got out of the car and walked towards the other Escalade that was waiting. Mac had ridden with Dallas, My mom, Maddie and Eddie. Everyone was flying down to Texas for a few days, then back out to California for my kickoff concert on the 'Unbroken' tour. The only bad part is the day that I fly back from Texas, Nick leaves for New York City for business with his brothers. I wouldn't see him for little over a month. 

              Once I got to the car door, it opened and Mac hopped out, along with my other family. I hoisted Mac onto my hip and followed Max into the airport, ignoring the questions being screamed at me by paparazzi. Once in the airport, all of the photographers were gone and only a few fans remained. The screamed when they saw me, and ran over, phones at the ready for selfies. Mac shifted uneasily. At this point, she was used to paparazzi, but had minimal interaction with fans, so she was always a little afraid of their intensity. I did my best to smile for everyone's pictures, and give hugs before Max could tear me away, but there was one girl left. She looked about sixteen, beach waved brown hair, and electric green eyes, from which tears were freely flowing. Max grabbed my arm and started to lead me away, but I pulled back. Max looked at me, annoyed. I ignored his eye roll and handed Mac to him, then walked towards the girl. 

            She looked up when I touched her shoulder and began to shake. I smiled warmly, "Hey, it's okay." The girl's eyes widened, "Y-You saved my life." I opened my mouth to tell her that she made the decision to save her own life, but she spoke again, as if she knew what I was going to say. "Not like that. I know a lot of people tell you that. But I made the decision, but you taught me that recovery is worth it. And THAT is what saved my life. If you could do it. So can I. I told myself that everyday." My mouth dropped open in shock at her words. I couldn't do anything but hug her. My fans inspire me so much everyday. I can't believe that some of the wisest words i've ever heard just came out of a sixteen year old. The sheer admiration and love I have for them overwhelms me all of the time. I felt tears coming to my eyes, "I believe in you sweetie. And I am SO fucking proud of you." I whispered fiercely into her ear. I pulled back and took her face in my hands, wiping away her tears. "Stay Strong." She nodded, still crying. "Remember that I love you, so much." I said with a smile. then gave her a final hug before I turned and walked away, blinking back tears. Max handed me Mac as I reached them. She looked at my face curiously, "Why are you crying Momma?" I smiled, "Mommy loves her fans a lot baby, they're happy tears." Mac smiled and nodded, pulling me into a hug as she did. 

~*~

          Mac bounced in her seat as the plane started to take off. I began to laugh, and then put her onto my lap, so she could look out the window. "Haven't you ever been on a plane before?" Mac shook her head and looked out of the plane, fascinated at everything that was going on. I smiled at her excitement, then pulled my phone out to take a picture of her smushed against the glass window, I decided to tweet it, 

@ddlovato; Babygirl's first time on an airplane! #shesthecutest

www.pic.twitter.com/AFasu37DH2 

          I thought about the girl in the airport, and decided to tweet again, 

@ddlovato; Just met one of the most INSPIRING lovatic in the airport. My fans are seriously the best. Always remember that I love you. <3 #StayStrong 

            Within minutes of both tweets I got thousands on replies saying how cute Mac is, and that they love me too. I was smiling and so absorbed into my fans that I didn't even realize we had taken off until Mac squealed, "Momma look! We're flying!" I looked up, and saw we were indeed, flying. Mac had her face pressed against the window and she was smiling from ear to ear. She draped over my lap and stared dreamily out at the city, quickly becoming smaller and smaller beneath us. Mac grinned, "How are we flying momma?" I looked out the window with her and pointed to the wings on the plane, "See those things that stick out?" Mac nodded. "They're called wings. They help the plane stay up. Kind of like wings on a bird." Mac nodded knowingly, then, "I wanna get wings so I can fly too." I smiled, and kissed her head, "We're not made to fly sweetie. That's why we make things that can fly. It's life." Mac pouted, then nodded, still staring out the window at the clouds. Soon, her eyes began to droops, and she leaned into me, settling her head into the crook of my neck, and fell asleep. 

Okay.

Fucking cute. 

ANDD a Lovatic moment(: 

Comment what you guys thought below! 

Don't forget to vote!

Next updatee; 715,000 reads! 

-Rachel(: