Why Babygirl?

CHAPTER 76

Demi's POV 

      We spent the rest of the night playing games and screaming at the T.V screen. Around seven, my extended family said their goodbyes, and with a second round of hugs, left the house. Me, Mac, Dallas, Eddie and my mom were left, playing a very intense game of monopoly. I looked around and realized that Maddie wasn't with us. "I'll be right back, skip my turns." I said to my mom, who nodded, although she looked confused. I walked upstairs and stopped outside Maddie's door, hesitating with my hand on the doorknob, I heard... Crying? 

          I decided it would be more polite to knock, so I did. The crying became muffled, and a quiet, "What." Came from the other side of the door. "Maddie? It's Demi. Can we talk babygirl?" A shuffling reached my ears, then, "What do you want?" I sighed, and leaned my forehead against the door. "I just wanna talk Mads." There were footsteps, then the door opened. "Oh Maddie." My babysister stood there, tears streaming down her reddened face. She looked as though she was going to collapse, so I wrapped her in my arms and carried her to the bed, kicking the door shut behind us. 

           I sat on the bed next to her, holding her while she cried. I didn't know what was going on. I but i have a bad feeling about this. I began to use the skills I had learned in treatment to 'asses the situation.' Maddie was crying hysterically into my shoulder, yet her hands gripped the ends of her sweatshirt, holding on for dear life. My heart began to beat faster, as I remembered a younger me in this exact picture. "Maddie?" She looked up at me through swollen red eyes. "Aren't you sweating? You'll feel better if you take this thing off." I tugged at the sweatshirt, Maddie's eyes widened in fear and she shook her head frantically. "N-No. I'm okay. K-Kind cold." I looked her in the eyes, "Maddie. It;s okay. You can trust me." She held my gaze for a minute, then nodded and and slowly peeled off the sweatshirt. I grabbed her hands before she could hide the arms, and turned them over, exposing the underside of her forearms. 

             I took a sharp breath, "Oh no Maddie. Oh no. Babygirl... why?"  covering my sister's arms were dozens of cuts, some faded, some bright red. A couple were healed, but purple, so I knew they were deep. Maddie took a shaky breath, "It was so much easier than having to listen to the voices." I nodded understandingly, I know all about the voices. "Maddie?" I asked, lightly stroking her scars. She looked up, "Do you only do it on your arms?" She froze. "W-What do you mean?" I slowly lifted the bottom of her shirt to see her hips, but Maddie's hands stopped me. "Demi, d-don't. You'll only be more disappointed." I shook my head, "Babygirl, I not disappointed, or angry. Of all the people in this house, I know how hard it is to resist. I know all about the voices. But I need you to be honest and tell me everything." Maddie nodded, and allowed me to lift her shirt up. 

             Her hips were covered in tiny etches of white lines. they went down farther, so I touched the waistband of her sweatpants. "Maddie?" She nodded, and yanked them off. I took a shuddering breath, trying to fight off tears. My babysister's legs, from her ankles to her thighs, had white lines dotting the surface of her skin. I'd never seen so many cuts on one person since treatment. "Holy shit." I whispered. Immediately, Maddie retracted her leg from my hands and pulled it into her protectively. "I'm sorry Demi." I continued to stare in shock at the broken girl in front of me. Only eleven years old, and it was already this bad. "Baby why didn't you just come and talk to me?" Maddie sighed, "I don't know. You were always so busy. I didn't want to be another burden." I shook my head, "Babygirl, you're my little sister. I'll always be there for you. No matter where I am, or what i'm doing. I will come to you if you call. I promise. Okay? I don't want you to ever hesitate when you need me. I don't care, I'll come." Maddie nodded, and burst into tears again. I didn't want to ask my next question, but the words tumbled out before I could stop them. "Maddie, have you been eating?" Maddie's facial expression changed. "Demi, you've seen me eat." I nearly groaned, that line sounded so fake, so worn out. It was obviously a cover she had used many times. I put my head in my hands, "Madison. Don't lie to me." I heard her sigh, "No, I haven't been eating." I raised my head, "And if you do eat?" Maddie grimaced, "It doesn't stay down for long." I nodded, then pulled her into another hug, laying on the bed with her snuggled into me. 

              "Maddie?" She looked at me, "Did you tell Mac about this?" Maddie looked ashamed, "She saw the lines on my wrist while we were playing, but I made her swear not to tell you, or anyone about them, but i'm guessing she told you..." I shook my head and smiled, "No, she didn't. I just remember what it's like to feel broken I know the signs, and habits. I lived them babygirl." Maddie nodded, "I thought I was doing such a good job of hiding it." I smiled, "You were, but it takes one to know one." Maddie sighed, "So what now?" I looked down at my hands, "Mom and Dad need to know." Maddie's eyes showed pure fear. "No! Please Demi! I'll do anything! I won't cut! I'll eat! PLEASE." She was crying now, and it broke my heart, but I had to Stay Strong. "Maddie, you thought telling me would be the worst part! Right? When I had to tell them about everything, it was the scariest moment of my life, but it had to be done. They're not gonna hate you, or throw you out. They love you babygirl. So much. Okay?" Maddie nodded, but was still crying. "C-Can you come with me to tell them?" I smiled and kissed her forehead, "Of course babygirl, I'll be by your side the entire time." Maddie nodded, "Do I have to tell them tonight?" I wrinkled my nose and gave her a small 'i'm sorry' smile. "I'm afraid so. I'll go get Mac and put her down, and then we'll go talk to them. Okay?" Maddie fell silent for a minute, then nodded. I got off the bed, "First things first." I held out my hand, "Your blades." 

~*~

           After getting Maddie's blades and 'hiding' them (a.k.a throwing them out the window onto the roof so they rust), I went downstairs. The monopoly game was long over, and my family was lounging around on the couch. My mom, who held Mac, looked up as I walked in. Her smiled faded when she saw I had been crying. "You okay?" She whispered. I smiled, and nodded, but as I leaned down to take Mac from her, I whispered, "Family meeting. Now." she nodded, and I went back upstairs, cradling a sleeping Mac. She stirred as I laid her on the bed, "Mama?" She squeaked, and my heart fluttered. Cutest. Thing. Ever. Right, not the time. "Hey baby, Momma's just gonna be right back. I just have to talk to Maddie." Mac nodded, "Did she tell you?" I nodded, "Yeah, and it's gonna be okay baby." It's going to be okay. I had to remind myself a second time to really believe it. 

           I walked out of my room and stopped outside Maddie's open door, knocking slightly. She looked up at me from where she was sitting on her bed, her face drained of all color, she had put her sweatshirt back on. "C'mon babe, they're waiting for you." Maddie got up and shuffled towards me, I wrapped her in a hug for a long moment, then let go, keeping my arm around her waist for support. 

           We walked slowly down the stairs, where my family was waiting a the dining room table. I gulped, remembering just last year, doing the same exact thing. I sat down next to Maddie, and there was silence. I realized everyone was waiting for me to say something. I leaned forwards and put my hands on the table, clearing my throat. All eyes turned to me. 

"I.... We. Have something to tell you." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AHHHHHH MADDIE! 

Okay, so a couple of you guessed it, well... A lot of you guessed it. 

Hoped you liked it! 

Sexy Nemi will be in the next chapter(; 

Comment what you thought!

Don't forget to vote! 

Next update; 780,000

OKAY SO I MADE A TWITTER FOR THIS FANFICTION. IT SEEMS LAME BUT I'LL BE POSTING UPDATES AND ACCEPTING NEW IDEAS/ANSWERING QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS BOOK. SO GO FOLLOW THAT! 

@Demi_Silence 

@Demi_Silence 

@Demi_Silence

-Rachel(: